The Celebration Ball

A joyous uproar erupted throughout the kingdom in celebration of the returning king. He exited the heavily guarded carriage as his heeled shoes clicked against the white stone staircase leading to his less than humble home, servants flooded from the multiple storied palace to bring in the riches from the small village, Rubaros, he conquered not so long ago. Praises were being flung around, happy that their kingdom continued to remain undefeated. The king paid no mind to the glory and maintained the languid pace he established when he first stepped foot on the ground, a smirk on his lips hidden slightly from the attractively groomed salt and pepper beard.

Doors opened wide to clear a path for the reigning monarch, diamond shaped tiles beneath his feet where real diamonds ought to be or at least that's what the king thought. A thunk occurs behind him telling him that the towering doors have shut, immediately going to find his wife and daughter as the white and gold voluptuous furs, that frame his shoulders quite nicely, graze the floor.

Though the kingdom's royal colors were white and gold, the king walked past the guard stood right outside of room to find his daughter wearing a pale yellow dress with pale blue vertical striped pattern and sewn-in pink roses, a straight-across the chest neck line was riddled with ruffles on top of ruffles. However, the princess's face contradicted her jovial dress, her arms dressed in full and puffed sleeves were crossed. Her face red with anger accentuating the round puffiness of her face.

"And what's that look for?" Her father said with an amused accent. The young lady huffed before turning away from her father. "I am upset with you." She said simply, holding her head up. The king's smile stayed on his face unwavering. "What have I done to make you upset?"

The princess whirled around with an offended look as if she were surprised he had no idea what he did. "Today is my day, my birthday, today we are supposed to be celebrating me! Instead you're hosting a ball about you defeating Rubaros." Her volume lowers toward the end of the sentence as she turns back around hiding her face. The king walks forward spinning his daughter around and pulling her into a hug.

"Luella, I promise tonight will be about you, Rubaros will just be something else to be grateful about besides having you." He places a kiss on her forehead. "And I brought you something."

Her eyes swiftly shoot upwards and widen with excitement. "OOOO! What is it, what is it?" The king laughs with a rumbling voice. "You'll see, now go get ready for the ball."

Luella throws her head back and groans not wanting to wait for her present.

"Gertrude!" Her father calls for the head mistress. An older woman walks in wearing a black floor length dress with a slightly dirtied white apron that completely covered the skirt except for the two inches of black dress that poked out from the bottom. The upper part of the apron were ruffled straps and a piece in the middle that connected them. White cuffs and collar finished her look.

"Get her ready for the ball." He stated.

A quiet, "Yes, your majesty." Was uttered from her lips and she swiftly led Luella out of the room and into the washroom as the guard follows.

Now that his daughter was being taken care of his next task was to find his lovely wife which he was sorely unaware was currently talking to his earl and her new-found lover.

The queen planted a kiss on Earl Ward's lips and sighed. "Oh Fredrick." She laid her head on his chest closing her eyes pretending they had all the time in the world together. "I wish I'd never married that man." She whispers. He rubs comforting circles on her back setting his chin on her head careful not to tousle her hair.