Hello

Luella carefully side-stepped the swarm of guests that surrounded her, never losing sight of her target, as they swiftly attempted to move out of her way with an apology. Oliver stayed close behind. Her pulse quickened with each step that takes her to this infatuating stranger. She wasn't sure if it was just her imagination but she was almost positive her heart started beating in time with the music. Her eyes trained on him, the previously impossibly loud noise of the ballroom was drowned out by the sound of blood rushing to her cheeks. Then, suddenly his eyes met hers and her pace slowed. She was taken aback by the sudden spear in her chest, but what she didn't know was that he felt the exact same, tenfold.

"Hello." Luella began with a genial smile.

"You're the princess." Was all that came out of his mouth, he admired her natural beauty, though he was quickly snapped out of his daze when he noticed the very tall man standing behind her with a dark blue uniform on and white gloves, the matching dark blue hat he wore only served to make his height much more terrorizing. The guard stood frozen in place with a menacing glare looking down upon him, the sword rested on his left hip glistened with intent. If you were to cover him in plaster you would think he was a statue, a statue with a vendetta.

Even with the intimidating guard staring him down, the image of the princess's clear skin, big dark brown eyes, rosy cheeks and lips that were surrounded by dark tight-curls intruded his thoughts. She looked up at him with the most genuine look he's ever seen. Out of everyone here why was she talking to him?

"Yes, I am." Luella said amused, "What's your name?" She asks. He takes a moment to wrap his head around the question aimed at him. "I-I'm Phillip."

"Phillip? What a handsome name." Luella bats her eyes. Phillip caught the movement causing his face to flush. He realized how ridiculous he must've looked with his mouth hung open like a trout so he quickly tried to make conversation.

"Oh! How rude of me, your highness." He bowed deeply, his cloth cap fell off his head. The princess attempted to suppress laughter, putting a hand over her mouth but gave in and let out a giggle. A confused Phillip looked up finally realizing what she was laughing at.

"S-sorry." He picked up his cap after a few failed attempts. "It's fine." Luella said. Phillip was just happy she was still smiling and didn't think he was a fool...well, she still might he's a fool but at least she wasn't upset. He wrung his cap in his hand not knowing what to do next, his eyes kept darting from the floor to her face and back. The racing words in his mind began to muddle together so much he wasn't sure if he was even thinking anymore.

"So what made you come?" Luella filled the gap between their conversation. Phillip was grateful she finally said something, unfortunately he didn't quite hear what she said. "What was that?" He said snapping out of his worry.

"What made you want to come here?" Luella asked again tittering.

The lower-class man's face slightly fell. "Oh well, I wanted to bring my mother to dance but she was too busy with her duties. She still wanted me to come so here I am, though I don't have much of a reason to be here anymore." The young royal could tell his mood dropped significantly when he mentioned his mother being withheld from enjoying something she most likely doesn't experience often or at all judging by Phillip's clothes.

Luella felt pity for him, she looked upon his saddened face. Phillip's eyes met hers, panic struck his face. "N-not that I don't want to stay, it's a very lovely party!" Luella's sympathetic expression returned to its amused one, his jitteriness was very entertaining.

"What duties was your mother occupied with?" She asked curious as always.

"Oh, my mother works as a hatter."