Chapter Three: The Date

Later that night, Naruto and Hinata headed towards the restaurant for their "date." Naruto was content to be silent, enjoying the surprisingly pleasant perfume wafting from his equally quiet companion.

After she'd gone to check the perimeter, she came back to the hotel room to find him passed out on the warm, comfy bed she'd refused to share with him.

He'd heard her come in but he'd waited to see what her reaction would be. He was disappointed when she'd only gone to their luggage to unpack her things, completely ignoring him.

Then it was time to get ready for dinner. She'd walked into the shower, and while he was still lying on the bed, he debated whether to use his kyuubi mode to check whether she was okay. Only Kurama's warning growl prevented him from acting on his urge to peep. She'd changed inside the bathroom and walked out wearing a black sweater over a red dress.

She saw him waiting for her and nodded at him. "Your turn."

"You look nice," he said.

She stopped in her tracks and stared at him suspiciously. But after a few tense seconds, she said, "Thank you—if you mean the compliment sincerely."

He got up from the bed and walked slowly, threateningly, deliberately towards her. She held her ground and watched him purposefully close the distance between them. He stopped when he was a foot away from her.

Then he grinned at her, completely impressed by her refusal to yield to him, remaining unbowed and unintimidated by him. But he still loomed over her, leaned over her, completely taking advantage of his height to tower over her.

"I did," he breathed, his mouth inches from her forehead.

Still, she didn't move or break his gaze but he saw the flexing of her fingers and knew she was about to activate her byakugan.

Abruptly, he turned around and headed for the bathroom, his grin in place. Before he entered the room, he shot her a look over his shoulder. "See? I can be nice."

Her left eye twitched with irritation, making him laugh.

***

Naruto was admittedly a breast man. Some of his friends liked the female butt. Others were liars and would say hands, eyes, face, that kind of thing. But he liked breasts. Especially on this particular female wearing an elegant red dress.

Because the air was warm outside, she'd taken the black sweater off when they started walking towards the restaurant.

While they headed for their destination, he continued stealing glances at the dress and the body inside it. The garment was simply cut and not even that blatantly sexy. It was almost conservative, but Naruto liked it. The design of the dress revealed her hourglass figure and her breasts that bounced pertly with each step she took.

"Stop staring at my breasts," she murmured beside him. "It makes you look degenerate and desperate." Then belatedly, she added, "Sir."

"Oh, but I am degenerate and desperate," he said, an evil grin matching the mischief in his eyes. "You look really hot in that dress. It makes me want to rip it off you."

"Hokage-sama, I am trying to do my job while simultaneously trying not to lose the contents of my stomach. You're making this really hard for me. Maybe we can keep your brand of flirting to a minimum?" she said even as she pasted a loving smile on her face and batted her eyelashes at him for the benefit of whoever was watching them walk towards the restaurant.

He laughed. "You know, your brand of flirting could use some work, too. I can see now why your sister and cousin say you have no romantic bone in your body."