Chapter 28/ Birthday pt. 2

/Noella's POV/

"Enrico" I say just a below a mumble, I'm surprised he heard me. He turned around so fast I'm surprised his neck didn't break.

I look around to see if Casey or Evan is here and when I don't see them I mumble 'traitors' under my breath.

It's not that I don't like Enrico, he's the most likable one from my brith family besides Casey and grandpa, when they sent us away he was the only one that looked sad, when we came back he was the only one who looked happy, whenever dad hurt me he was the only one who mouthed sorry under his breath before he turned away giving me a look of regret.

He would be a perfect brother if he didn't follow father around like a lost puppy, but I see he's changing and trying to take control of how he lives his life.

"Noella can I please talk to you, I swear it will only take fifteen minutes max." He basically begs me, I had no choice but to say yes as I saw his cheeks stained with dry tears.

I sit on the bench and he sits by my with his hands in his lap nervously playing with his fingers.

/Third person POV/

The two siblings sit beside each other in awkward silence, scared to say the first words after not having a normal conversation without arguing in almost 14 years.

Enrico lets out a shaker breath before he starts "I know nothing will ever make us how we were all those years ago, I know we won't be as close or make as much memories. I'm not asking for that, I just want my sister back, I don't care if we don't make as much memories as before but I just want to make memories with you, even if it's a little bit.

I never want to send you away, I told dad not to. That was the first time I stood up to him, of course it didn't last long before he shut me down with his famous glare. I wanted to call you everyday, I wanted to hug you, I missed you coming in my room at three in the morning because of nightmares or because you missed me, even if you only did it when Cassius wasn't available. I'm sorry Ella, I'll say it over and over again and I'll spend my entire life saying it until you know that I truly mean it.

If I could go back in time and change what happen I would I'm a heartbeat, I'll make sure you stayed with us so we can be a picture perfect family. I love you so much Ella, I just want you back." Noella looked at her brother with tears threatening to fall out her eyes while Enrico can no longer control it, his face is red and so are his eyes, all you can get is his sniffles.

Knowing that she can no longer keep up this 'I don't need anyone' act she hesitantly lays his head on her should rubbing soothing circles on his back, he sniffles calm down but he still has tears coming out his eyes.

Seeing her brother like this made her uneasy she could no longer keep it in before she too was now crying her eyes out with her brother.

She couldn't hold it in anymore, she couldn't keep pretending like she was fine it was just a matter of time before it all came out. She didn't care about anything at the moment, not the threats she has been getting, not how her family, not her image, all she cared about was the man in front of her that use to be one of her hero's.

They hugged each other as they cried for what felt like hours was only twenty minutes. Once they pulled apart they looked in each other's eyes, Noella scanned Enrico's eyes seeing if he's telling the truth.

All she see is his raw emotions staring back at her. She wipes the tears off his face and grabbed his hands in hers "it will take time for us to be as we once were, you said or did nothing that hurt me like the rest but the fact that you watched them hurt me and walked away still hurts. You're my brother and I love you so much so I'm willing to start talking to you again and see how it goes from there." He nods his head rapidly with a small smile.