[28]

[28]

- EDEN -

-

ELIJAH AND I have been texting back and forth and finally decided on a date. He had told me that the show would start at 8 and that he'd pick me up at 6 for dinner.

So far, what I've learned about Elijah is that he's from D.C. He told me he's been living there since he was 12 and liked it. He also told me that his parents went to Georgetown and that he'd be going there this fall.

He seemed pretty sweet and funny. He was sorta relaxed and kinda made you smile with just the smallest of words.

Tonight, Leah had helped me get ready while Julia, Jude, and Atlas went downstairs to check out the little shops that lined the sides of our hotel. Dawson was spread out on my bed, complaining every once in a while that we were taking too long. Him and Leah were supposed to meet the others downstairs a few minutes ago.

"I'm sorry," I groaned as I slipped my heels on. "I'm almost done,"

Leah gave Dawson a sharp look at my frustration, effectively making him shut up.

My dress was on, my makeup was done, and my hair was curled making me ready to go, but I couldn't get myself out the door. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. He said he'd be here in 10 minutes so I had some time.

"Babe," Leah frowned, placing her hands on my shoulder, "What's wrong?"

I shook my head, smoothing down my dress, "This is a date, right?"

Leah nodded, "Yeah, that's exciting."

I shook my head, "I haven't been on a damn date in almost two years. What if—"

"Hey, hey," Leah said, brushing my hair back softly, "It'll be okay. Not every guy you run into will be like him, okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I guess, but I can't help thinking that he will be."

Leah smiled softly, tucking my hair behind my ear, "You'll be okay. Elijah seems like a great guy and if anything were to go wrong, I'm one call away, okay?"

I nodded, taking a deep breath, "Yeah, okay."

"Just have fun," She smiled, taking my hands in hers, "You're going to the damn opera, Ede."

I let out a small laugh, "Yeah, okay." I pulled her in for a hug and she panted a small kiss on my head, "You'll do great,"

I nodded, "I love you so much,"

She pulled back and winked at me, "I love you more. You wanna get going?"

I nodded and before I walked out, I glanced at myself in the mirror. I've never had to question whether I looked good for someone because I rarely ever cared. I haven't since Keldan, but now... I couldn't help myself.

I couldn't help questioning whether the dip in my hips was attractive or not. I couldn't help but wonder if my face was too chubby or not. The dress I was wearing was flattering... It really was. I just hope it was flattering enough.

 I just hope it was flattering enough