[31]

[31]

- EDEN -

-

MY HEAD WAS booming in my head and I just wanted it to stop. I wanted everything to stop even if it was just for a minute.

Our group was getting ready to go to the Louvre Museum per my consistent begging. I was sitting on the floor of Leah and Dawson's room. They both had separate beds, but it didn't seem like Leah's bed was even slept on. Her flushed cheeks when I gave her a knowing look was telling enough.

I was sitting on the floor next to Julia and Jude who were sitting on the couch. Leah was in the shower, you could hear her shouting profanities as the shampoo and conditioner bottles slipped out of her hands. Dawson had already showered and was slipping his socks and shoes on. Jude had said Atlas finished his shower when he was walking out.

"Nobody wants to go to a dumb museum," Dawson groaned making Julia and I's eyes to snap to his.

"It's the Louvre!" Julia said, giving him an incredulous look.

I rolled my eyes, "You need to learn to appreciate the fine arts,"

Jude laughed, "Just ignore him. His version of fine arts was his macaroni plate from the second grade."

At that Julia and I let out a laugh and Dawson rolled his eyes, "I don't care what you think, Jude. Macaroni is very aesthetically pleasing."

Julia snorted and Jude smiled, "Mhm, sure."

After a while of us sitting and talking, Dawson yelled at Leah to hurry up. She didn't respond for a second, but then let out a small growl, "Halifax, if you don't shut the hell up, I will beat you up and I don't care if I'm naked."

Dawson's cheeks burned red and the rest of us doubled over in laughter. Dawson, unable to say anything else, picked up the remote and turned on the TV, tuning us out.

Then, a knock sounded at the door.

I moved to get up and open the door. On the way there, I glanced at myself in the mirror nodding proudly at my outfit today. I was dressed in a black skirt that ended at my mid-thigh and a beige and brown sweater vest over a white tee. 3 gold necklaces were layered atop the other around my neck and rings to match. For shoes, I had decided to wear my Doc Martens.

Running my fingers through my hair, I walked over to the door and swung it open

Running my fingers through my hair, I walked over to the door and swung it open. Atlas stood on the other side of the doorway, staring down at his phone. When the door was fully open, he looked up, his eyes meeting mine.

The hand that was holding his phone lowered as his eyes skimmed up and down my body. His eyes fell to my lips and trailed down my neck and skimmed past my torso and took his time staring at my thighs before meeting my eyes again.