Capítulo 35 - Los Nuevos Dueños

Chapter 35 - New Owners

Fernando and Lety spent the remainder of the weekend trying to accustom themselves to living together in their home. They shopped for groceries, they shopped for other little items that they realized they needed in their day today. The Padilla's came for the Sunday meal after mass, Julieta with a large platter of food in tow. Overall, it was a relaxing way to ease back into the week.

Fernando y Lety pasaron el resto del fin de semana tratando de acostumbrarse a vivir juntos en su casa. Compraron comestibles, compraron otros pequeños artículos que se dieron cuenta de que necesitaban en su día a día. Los Padilla vinieron para la comida del domingo después de la misa, Julieta con una gran fuente de comida. En general, fue una forma relajante de volver a la semana.

But Monday was just around the corner, as was the return to Conceptos. Lety wasn't sure if the meeting they had scheduled first thing Monday morning with the lawyers was a good or bad thing. It put off the necessity to deal with everyone else, including the Cuartel. At the same time, dealing with the legal things that were going on was not something to look forward to, whereas dealing with the Cuartel and finally getting to tell them about Fernando, was something she thought they would be excited about, even if it was hard for her to explain.

Pero el lunes estaba a la vuelta de la esquina, al igual que el regreso a Conceptos. Lety no estaba segura de si la reunión que habían programado a primera hora del lunes por la mañana con los abogados era algo bueno o malo. Por un lado, posponía la necesidad de tratar con todos los demás, el Cuartel incluido. Al mismo tiempo, lidiar con las cosas legales que estaban sucediendo no era algo que la emocionara, mientras que lidiar con el Cuartel y finalmente poder contarles sobre Fernando, era algo que pensaba que las entusiasmaría, incluso si fuera algo difícil para ella de explicar.

It didn't matter, however, because the meeting began before the offices even opened. Humberto had scheduled them and had called Fernando the night before. It seems that they needed to make some decisions and do some paperwork before the courts opened so that they could take care of things that same day. Apparently, the lawyers had been working all weekend on the situation. The meeting was to include just Humberto, Fernando, Lety, and the lawyers. The rest of the board would be convened after the attorneys left.

Sin embargo, no importó, porque la reunión comenzó incluso antes de que abrieran las oficinas. Humberto los había citadoy había llamado a Fernando la noche anterior. Parece que necesitaban tomar algunas decisiones y hacer algunos trámites antes de que se abrieran los tribunales para poder ocuparse de las cosas ese mismo día. Al parecer, los abogados habían estado trabajando todo el fin de semana en la situación. La reunión debía incluir solo a Humberto, Fernando, Lety y los abogados. El resto de la junta se convocaría después de que los abogados se fueran.

Fernando had been surprised by his father's call, given how things had ended at their lunch the week before. Especially when Humberto's first question in the phone call had been if he had indeed married Lety. When Fernando had answered with a firm "yes", he was even more surprised by the amiability of his father's voice, as opposed to the anger or disappointment he expected. Fernando surmised that something good must be happening with the lawyers, and it was, when the lawyers arrived, they laid out the situation.

A Fernando le había sorprendido la llamada de su padre, dado cómo habían terminado las cosas en el almuerzo de la semana anterior. Especialmente cuando la primera pregunta de Humberto en la llamada telefónica fue si realmente se había casado con Lety. Cuando Fernando respondió con un "sí" firme, se sorprendió aún más por la amabilidad de la voz de su padre, en lugar del enfado o la decepción que esperaba. Fernando supuso que algo bueno debía estar pasando con los abogados. Y lo era, cuando llegaron los abogados, expusieron la situación.