PART 10

"So, this kid's the real killer?" Stilinski asked.

"Yeah." Stiles replied.

"No." Stilinski shook his head.

"Yes." Stiles repeated.

"No."

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect the victims in a murder, okay? So, all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class." Stilinski added.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles asked.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything. Do you believe this?" Stilinski asked us.

"It's hard to explain but Matt is crazy as hell and you have to arrest him right now." I spoke.

"You have to trust us, it's Matt." Scott added.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explained.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?"

We really didn't have a motive yet.

"Isn't it obvious? Our swim team sucks. They haven't won in, like, six years." Stiles spoke.

"We really don't have a motive yet." I grimaced.

"I mean, come on, does Harris?" Stiles asked.

"Harris hates everyone. That could be a motive." I joked and they looked at me. "I'm joking."

"What do you want me to do?" Stilinski asked.

"We need to look at the evidence." Scott replied.

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work."

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles replied.

"Trust you?" Stilinski asked.

"Trust... trust Lia and Scott?"

We both smiled.

"I trust them."

[...]

We walked in the station and the woman at the front desk looked at Stilinski.

"It's 2:00 in the morning."

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Stilinski replied.

"We look at the hospital first, okay?" Stiles whispered

"Why?" I asked.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson, except for one, you remember?"

"The pregnant girl, Jessica." I replied and he nodded.

"Yeah. Since Matt had to kill her himself, somebody from the hospital could've seen him."

The front desk woman gestured for Stilinski to come in.

"Thank you. Boys and girl." Stilinski started walking and we followed him.