|𝟱| 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆

There were so many doors behind me when Declan pointed out where Enzo lived

There were so many doors behind me when Declan pointed out where Enzo lived. Which one is it?

I walked. Then stopped. Walked back. Picked up the package sitting against one of the doors I had passed. I looked at the name. Enzo Alveraz.

Boo ya! The gods are on my side today. Or at least right now.

I tucked his package under my arm and knocked lightly on the door.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

No one.

I put my hand on the doorknob and slowly twisted it.

This is like every horror movie made ever.

Declan's words still ring in my head.

Why was he so worried about Enzo? Does he know him? He has to know him to be all worried about me coming over to his house. No. There's no reason for me to worry. Right? 

Now that big head I just met is making me question one of my friends.

I push the door open and immediately am hit with a stench. Molded ketchup? Molded food? Molded strawberries? Something molded.

Yuck.

I peek my head around the door and gasp. I shut the door and take a step back, putting my hand over my heart in disbelief.

Oh my trash gods it looks like a garbage man's truck threw up in there.

When I get my composure back I take a deep breath and open the door again, stepping through the threshold and over the broken glass scattered at my feet.

I look around at the connected kitchen and living room. The floor is covered in broken glass bottles. The black leather couches are darker in some spots like it was stained.

The sun was basically down now so I could barley see but the floor to ceiling windows that looked out over the city gave me enough light to see the liquid dripping down it's glass.

I jumped when my phone dinged, telling me someone texted. I gave the room another glance before getting my phone out of my back pocket and seeing that Chiara had texted me.

🕶👜Bestie💅🏾👸🏾: You on your way? Elyse doesn't know how to work this goddamn stove.

I only got to the "Ye-" in "Yeah" when I heard a loud groan, the creaking of a bed, and the loud shuffling of feet.