Interlude

Welcome. 

You've travelled quite a way to get here.

Quite the tale this is, is it not?
Of Perceval and Durandal. 

A tale of tragedy
A tale of hope
A tale of friendship
A tale of love

A tale, that is not yet over. 

In fact, we are only just beginning. 

Dear reader, what I ask now is critically important. 
Will you continue? 
Will you be prepared for what lies ahead? 

... 

... ... 

... ... ... 

Regardless of your answer, this tale must continue. 
For every story has its end. 
This tale has not reached its climax. 

And I can not wait to share it with you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Weeks After the fight with Kevin Kaslana:
11:30PM: Durandal's Room, Shicksal HQ

The rain was relentless. It continued to endlessly batter down on the windows and roof of Shicksal HQ as the sky filled with heavy dark clouds, thunder occasionally crashing in the distance and shaking the floating fortress. Perceval sat by the window of Durandal's bedroom with a book in hand, his eyes slowly running down the pages while he tried to draw his mind away from the ferocious storm. 

"It's really bleak out, Perceval." 

Perceval looked over to Durandal; her own book sitting open in her lap as her gaze was focused out the window. "... Yeah..." The power had been out for almost an entire day now. The Overseer was scrambling to fix the power, hoping to keep whatever dark experiments lay deep within his sanctum alive. Durandal's room was lit by faint candlelight, the flame gently swaying to and fro. The Valkyrie sighed softly as thunder struck again, leaning back into her chair. "I wonder how Kiana is fairing..." The Knight slowly stood to his feet, grunting as he felt a slight pain in his abdomen; it was most likely just his mind playing tricks on him, but Perceval was still open to the possibility that Abyss Flower had not fully healed the wound Kevin inflicted on him. Perceval laid his right hand against the glass, frowning softly as he felt a slight churning in his gut as he realised where the storm seemed to be originating from. 

"... Nagazora's that way... Isn't it, Bianka?"

Durandal nodded softly, looking to Perceval with a slightly raised eyebrow. "It is. Why do you ask, Darling?" The Knight paused for a moment, lost in thought as he watched flashes of blue within the clouds slowly begin to darken into a violet purple. "It's... It's where Kiana and Mei went to school together. Before St. Freya." His eyebrows furrowed sadly. "This thunder over Nagazora... Something makes me think it's more than a coincidence..." Durandal stood from her chair and walked over beside Perceval, gently taking his hand into hers and brushing her fingers over the back of his hand. "It does seem off... But I am willing to bet that if Kiana is where that storm is, she will be able to take care of herself." She led Perceval towards the bed, sitting him down as she manifested Abyss Flower in her other hand. "Now... Let's see that wound of yours..." The Knight unbuttoned his shirt and revealed the bandages tied tightly around his waist, which he promptly untied to expose the second-degree burn around the stab wound that hadn't fully closed; still slightly bloody.