Act 35: Frostbite

6AM: Coral City Centre

Honkai Beasts poured into the city centre as Mei's incredible power became a magnet for Beasts, Chariots and Zombies crawled into the path of the warriors; only for Perceval, Mei and Durandal to cut them down in order to progress forward. As more beasts filed into the centre, it became increasingly harder for each warrior to fight without damaging each other or the surroundings, Mei finding it hard to control her power in this tight space. "Durandal, can you clear them out in a single shot?" The blonde Valkyrie shook nodded softly. "I can, but it would run the risk of levelling our surroundings. Perceval, any ideas?" The Knight nodded, his gaze still focused on the crowd of enemies in front of him. "Yeah, I can take care of them. But I need some space." As requested, everyone retreated several steps backwards as Perceval sheathed Zagreus. 

Owl looked curiously at Raven, raising an eyebrow. "I thought he can only fight with a sword." Raven scoffed softly and gave the other Agent a stern look, one that Owl didn't flinch at. "Perceval knows more than simple sword arts. Otherwise, he wouldn't be as strong as the Sire claims he is." The Knight swept his left foot behind him and curled his arms in a circle, holding his right hand in front of him while his left curled in a fist on his hip; exhaling softly through his lips as he focused completely. 

'Rising Ki... Heat rising in the wind...' 

Perceval's fist radiated golden Ki as flames danced across the surface of his hands, the golden pattern in his iris waving like smoke. The Knight stepped forward with his right foot and planted firmly, sliding a short distance as flaming wings sprouted from his fist; grunting as he lunged forward with a straight punch. Owl looked on in expressionless shock as a flaming phoenix erupted from Perceval's fist with an ear splitting squawk, the ice covering the pavement evaporating as the flaming bird burned all the ice in its path; leaving an opening for the party to move. 

Sen-Ki: Phoenix Soar

The Knight knelt and rested his hand on the icy pavement, creating a shrill hiss as his fist burned. Perceval waited for a moment until he stood, shaking his hand off and holding his wrist. "Let's keep moving on before more show up." Mei walked ahead of the group as usual, only stopping when she came to a gap between two buildings. 

"The Herrscher... She's stopped moving."

Raven nodded and walked alongside her into the gap between the buildings, Durandal took hold of Perceval's hand and squeezed it gently as she whispered into his ear. "Please be careful." The Knight nodded softly, squeezing her hand back in response. "I will." The two followed the rest of the party into the gap, a path leading into an open area where giant ice pillars split from the ground into the air; surrounding what appeared to be a giant cocoon of ice. Owl put his hands on his hips and sighed softly, looking up tiredly at the cocoon of ice. "How can water freeze in the tropics?" Raven pointed at the giant cocoon of ice and looked at Owl with a smug expression, her claws dancing in the air. "I will give you three guesses." Perceval drew Zagreus as his hair on his arms began to stand on end, igniting the fiery blade. "I think we only need one, Raven. And it's right there." 

Everyone drew their weapons in preparation, Durandal readying her lance and standing determinedly. "Everyone, stay ready!" Raven pulled a rifle from within her cloak and leapt back several meters, a purple holographic scope lighting up as she readied her cheek against the side of the rifle. "I'll crush you, Herrscher!" The air tingled with electricity as the barrel began to rotate and crackle with lightning; a pink glow beginning to shine at the end at the barrel. Raven placed a foot behind her as the rifle unleashed a shrill screech: firing a blinding bolt towards the ice cocoon. The ice shattered, a being falling from the cocoon and falling to the ground; hovering above the ground.