Prologue: Ignition

"Are you sure this will work?" A tall man in a white lab coat stood firm, looking grimly over the experiment. "This 'Machine' has cost Shicksal a very large amount of money, Perceval." The young man named Perceval looked over to his associate with sincerity. "Trust me Jack." he said calmly, brushing away the brown hair that covered his left ear. "We have cut no corners in our development, we have done short range tests before, now all that needs to be done is the long range test." 

Jack straightened his collar, then began to adjust the parameters of the machine. "That doesn't make me feel any better. Where to?" he asked. A man standing behind the glass of the observation room spoke over the intercom "We believe Asia would be a suitable destination, due to the closeness of its branch of Shicksal laboratories." Perceval walked to a safe distance from the Teleporter gateway, holding a small tracking device in his hand.

Jack stiffened in place before calling out "Beginning Startup."

Beginning Wraith Gateway ignition sequence

The huge metal rings that formed the teleporter's entrance slowly began to spin, the signature purple hue of the Honkai energy lit up the laboratory as it formed arcs between the rings.

Honkai Stability at 100%. Forming Gateway to Destination: Hong Kong, China

The rings spun faster and faster, forming a purple tunnel of energy in their center. Jack shouted "Perceval!" 

Perceval nodded, raising his arm to throw the device. 

Until...

Honkai Stability Error. Critical Errors Detected. Destination Selected: ERROR

The teleporter made an unusual shudder and began to draw the laboratory through its gateway, almost clawing at everything it could find. Perceval lost his footing and slid towards the gateway, only barely managing to grab one of the large wires that led to the Teleporter. With all his might he struggled to climb back to the observatory. Step by step. Jack stood clutching at the doorway to the observatory while reaching out a hand "Come on Perceval! Take my hand!" he cried out with desperation. Perceval reached out...

And was caught by an arc of Honkai energy created by the portal.

He screamed in pain as the bolt of Honkai struck him, piercing the flesh of his right hand. Causing him to lose his grip on the wire. Jack attempted to reach out, to no avail. The other researchers frantically attempting to turn the teleporter off, Perceval soared through the air, reaching out to everyone.

As he was drawn into the gateway, the last thing he saw. Was the terrified faces.

Of the other researchers.

PROLOGUE: END