Chapter 3: The Travel and the bubbles

I just packed several of my clothing because my room in necro city has a wardrobe already filled with my old clothes since most of the time I am living there because of school. I only hope Tatiana doesn't misplace any of my clothing, which I know she secretly use. Especially while I'm gone. Tatiana is Uncle Thomasin's only daughter and two years younger than me, but her physique is practically identical to mine, and most of my clothing fit her, indicating that I can fit into hers as well, and we've been switching clothes to school whenever we want since then. We're both close since, aside from her mother, we're the only girls in the mansion.

I packed my spell book and wand with me. My wand was crafted from driftwood believed to be the remnants of an ancient strong tree, as well as jewels such as blue calcite and aquamarine. My papa requested the greatest wand maker to create it for me. I had my wand since I was 7 years old , which he had given me for my birthday. Did you know that witches' wands are bound by spells? This means that only the owner of the wand may use it.

I pack everything into my suitcase, grabbed my bathrobe, and then go into my bathroom. Before I travel, I have to freshen up. My bathroom has a basic cottage feel about it. Tiles that look like wood and wooden walls, plants and candles for relaxation and essence, but the bathtub is my favorite part of my bathroom because it is situated in front of a large window pane through which I cast a spell so that no one can see me outside while I can freely look out and enjoy the beautiful view of our cottage. I spent the majority of my time in my bathroom since it calms me and helps me think about a lot of things, but I couldn't relax and let time pass me by today because I'd be late for my trip, so I quickly showered and dressed in my flowy black dress, a matching beret, and a pair of boots. I looked in the mirror and decided that I was decent enough.

"Oh, I almost forgot." I was about to take my suitcase downstairs when I remembered the photo I found the day before, so I pulled out my album and looked for it.

"Where is it?" I frantically go through the pages of the album, looking for the photo I just found and inserting it here. How could it have vanished? I just recently put it in here? I can not be losing that picture too. I used to have a lot of family photographs, and I'm not sure why but or some reason, some of them have gone lost or been misplaced over time. I searched in my other album but couldn't find it, so I gave up trying until papa's words resonated within my head, telling me that it was nearly time and we have to go. He possesses the talent of telepathy, which he rarely uses.

I rushed downstairs carrying my suitcase that keep banging in the floor that makes annoying banging beats."I'm sorry for being late. I was searching for the picture of mom and dad i found the other day." I said looking at my papa who is patting his blacked pants. "You're coming too? I thought it'll just be me traveling?" I asked as I notice that they are also dressed for travel.

"Your uncle Thomasin called and he said that the chancellor requested my presence immediately." he answered, he took my luggage in we started to walk outside to the garage when his car parked. Before entering the car, papa placed my luggage in the trunk. when he entered the car I asked him why would the chancellor asked for him in short notice.

"That's why I'm coming to the city to find out why; the chancellor never requests someone on such short notice, so it must be significant." Papa started the car and the car started to bump due to the rough road. Papa started the car and the car started to bump due to the rough road. I pulled out my wand and conjured out a bubble to inform my friends that I'll be in city in two days and that they should prepare themselves since I miss hanging out with them. The bubble popped after I said the message to it. It indicates that it has been sent. This is how we deliver bubble messages to witches. We say anything we want to the bubble, and popping it acts as a send button.

It's a fantastic and inventive concept for exchanging messages.It's only been a few seconds and I've already received three bubbles, the first of which has an image of Alice, which I popped.

"That's fantastic news, El! I'd been missing you terribly! I've prepared a pleasant surprise for you! I'm looking forward to seeing you! I love you and wish you a safe travel "She seemed really delighted, which made me smile. The second bubble came from Zachary. "Finally you're gonna be here. I'm kind of getting annoyed spending time with Alice! all she talks about is her boyfriend and how they 'enjoy' their trip in Riyala Mountain." I can image him eye rolling while talking. I chuckled because I know Zachary is a little bit hopeless romantic since his break with his boyfriend a years ago and I know how Alice can be so over sharing about he sex life.

The final one comes from Ylona. "I'll be on the road tomorrow! See you in Necro City and prepare to be surprised! surprise! I'm back in a relationship!" Again? Did she just end her relationship with Theo? This chick is just ridiculous. I was about to send her a message asking who her new lover is, but I assumed she wouldn't answer since if she did, she would've said it already knowing how outgoing she is.

I've known them as friends since freshman year, so I practically know them as well as they know me. We have distinct personalities, and I sometimes wonder how I came to be friends with them. I'm not that innocent just like them too but, I am not that outgoing like them ; I'm simply balanced. Well, it is true that friends are friends no matter what, and I love them. I'm just happen to be closer to Alice since we had the same schedule back then since we're both sea witches and got to spend more time together.

We dropped by Alejandra's house earlier; she was my granny's trusty housekeeper, and she just requested Alejandra to look after the field while they were out in the village. After the stopover, we continued our journey until sundown, and thankfully, we arrived in a tiny town and checked into a modest motel on time.

I got two rooms, one for myself and one for my grandparents. We ate our meal in the tiny restaurant next to the motel. My grandparents had Kale Pecan Pesto while I had a pasta salad with fish sticks. I'm not a vegetarian like my grandparents because, unfortunately, I enjoy eating protein, but I'm also not a picky eater, so whatever granny makes I eat, and I respect her choices as she does mine, but when I'm at the cottage, most of the meals I eat are vegetarian because granny prepares my food there.

After supper, we proceed to our assigned rooms."Good night, Eli," grandma murmured as she kissed my forehead. I said goodnight to them as well before heading to my room and change into my pajamas and sleep the night away.