Sense of Comfort // ANGST

Jay and Tim had a bad argument back at the motel. Jay responded by leaving for a breath of air. Tim stayed back. This wasn't his fault, it wasn't anybody's but Alex's, yet, Tim is still mad that Jay dragged him back into this mess. He knew Tim was right, and he knew that Tim knew it hurt. Yet, he still kept talking about it and rubbing it in.

God damn it, that man only cares about himself, and nobody else. This was the second time they ever had a fight. Jay wasn't the type of person to fight back, he wouldn't have a chance anyway, but he didn't care. Jay needed a break. So he grabbed his camera, put on his sweater, hat and stomped out of the door. He drove to Rosswood and basically talked to himself for the majority of his walk.

"It's not fair, he's always so selfish!" Jay growls, "Why doesn't he ever care about my feelings?! I'm basically a human too!" He finally makes it to the abandoned 'hallway' in the woods. Jay never realized he was walking here- his feet just guided him around randomly. Maybe coming here to blow off some steam wasn't the best idea.

Jay sighs, he steps inside through some broken window frames and continued ranting while walking around. "I'm so over his attitude," Jay pouted, he was still angry despite it almost being a full hour. "I hate him, I wish I was working with someone else!" He sighed again, louder this time. "I wish he would just listen to me for once." All of this anger and frustration eventually turned into sadness.

How did stomping around and complaining become breaking down and crying? Jay curled up into a ball and sobbed lightly. "I don't understand," He uttered. "I just wish I had a friend in this." He set his camera down and continued to let it out. Suddenly, he felt a hand touch his shoulder, Jay snapped back into reality and backed up a bit.

he thought it was Tim, but it was the hooded man. Jay didn't really have the energy to stand up and run. "What do you want?" he simply asked in a shaky voice. "Why can't you just leave me alone..?" Jay turned his head away and moved to stand up, grabbing his camera. But a firm hand grabbed his forearm, causing him to turn around.

How was Jay still crying? "What?!" Jay shouted, trying to pull his arm away, but the man won't budge. "Damn it..." He cursed when the cryptic made no answer. "Did you come here to mock me? I bet you heard everything and now you're going to put it into a video and make fun of my struggles again." The hooded figure threw his hands up and shook his head.

He was...denying it? Jay sniffed and wiped his tears away, although, they kept coming back. He was more distracted, but he must be frustrated, that must be why. "Then what do you want from me?" Jay broke down again, his voice breaking when he asked the other man that. The hooded man frantically looked around before pulled Jay into a tight warm hug.

He didn't speak, but his presence became a little more comforting after he did that. Jay hugged back, since he needed the comfort anyway. "I'm sorry I bothered you by coming here just to scream about my issues." Jay apologized, it was a dumb thing to say sorry for, but he felt sorry for everything nowadays. The hooded man patted the back of his head and pulled away.

He pointed at his mask, moving his fingers up and then giving a thumbs up. "Smile...?" Jay knew exactly what he meant, somehow. "I-I don't know." He looked away and stared at his camera. The hooded man snapped his fingers, causing Jay to drag his attention to him. The moment he did, he felt a gentle push on his cheek. It was weird.

But strangely sweet? That little push was a kiss from the hooded cryptic, with the mask still on. Jay smiled subconsciously and put his hand over his cheek. "Th..Thanks..." He says gratefully and wiped away some tears. He felt better. "I guess you're not so bad after all." Jay sighs, "I should get going. Tim'll get worried." The cryptic nodded in understatement and walked off.

That encounter was still weird though, but things between Jay and the hooded man were different now. He wasn't all that bad, he was just- trying to help. That didn't explain the mocking but it worked.