01. a direct message

taeil's fingers keep scrolling and scrolling down his instagram home page, mindlessly liking every post he saw from his friends and family. he really doesn't have much of anything else to do today.

everyone seems happy, he thinks with a smile. was he happy at the moment? maybe. in reality, he couldn't even tell. his boyfriend had asked him to go on a date, which taeil obviously agreed to, only to drop the idea just an hour before they had planned to meet up. he used "family issues" as an excuse.

going through everything he missed on his social media was a fair option to distract himself from feeling so down. seeing others happy made him happy. it always did.

the more he scrolled and liked, the soon he came to suggested accounts that he didn't follow. the faces were other classmates he didn't bother to follow since he didn't know them personally enough. but, one face caught his eyes.

sure, he was just any of his fellow classmates he's only ever exchanged a few words with, sometimes even none, but he was different

sure, he was just any of his fellow classmates he's only ever exchanged a few words with, sometimes even none, but he was different. taeil felt like he didn't know him more other than just a surface-level familiar face.

with the hope that the other student would recognise him as well, even if they didn't know each other's names, he sent a message. but with somehow perfect timing, the other had already sent a direct message to him.

hey, do i know you?

taeil's heart leaped. that definitely caught him completely off guard. he won't admit that it almost made him jump since he was planning on sending a message first, as if that student had read his mind and did what he wanted to do first.

he presses on the notification, his fingers hovering over the keyboard that always appears. now, the question arises: do they know each other? sure, taeil's seen his face but he doesn't even know his name.

he's got a cute face. he can acknowledge that even with a boyfriend. but that's off topic; back to worrying over actually knowing his name.

he hesitates — being honest would make sense, since obviously, honestly is the best policy. he can almost hear johnny's voice calling him out for overthinking things, as per usual, and he gives in. he considers it a good thing that johnny says things like that. it's needed.

maybe, maybe not

lol
moon taeil isn't it?
part of the school chorus

yep
thats me

nice talking to you
kim doyoung
i wanted to join chorus but my parents suggested other things and wouldnt take no as an answer
ugh

oh
that sucks

i know
anyways
hi
you're a really great singer