"Shumai!"

Bonus chapter for those who got this far! Thank you lots!!

To be clear, this happens 2 years before the sleepover incident, when Shuichi first transferred to Kokichi's class.

Enjoy!!

°.✩┈┈┈┈∘*┈┈୨♡୧┈┈*∘┈┈┈┈✩.°

"Good morning, class!" Our teacher addresses us as she walks into the classroom.

"Good morning!"

"We have a new student today," she announces, writing their name on the whiteboard. "Come in, Shuichi."

A tired-looking ravenette steps into the room and stands by the teacher's side. "Hello... my name is Shuichi Saihara."

"Tell us a bit about yourself!" the teacher insists.

"W-well... I'm the Ultimate Detective. I like... reading. I hope we get along."

The teacher smiles sweetly and points to a chair in the back. "Thank you, Shuichi! You can sit there, right next to Kaede. Kaede, please raise your hand!"

I raise my hand cheerfully as Shuichi walks to the back of the room. He hesitantly takes his seat right beside me.

Kokichi (who sits in front of him) turns his head a little to get a better look at the new student, who's reading a book now. He plays with a strand of his hair as he turns a page, but suddenly notices the pair of eyes watching him.

"O-oh! Hello..." he stammers.

"Hiya, Mr. Detective!" Kokichi grins. "My name's Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader!! Looks like we're stuck together for the rest of the year!"

"Ah... I don't mind. And you can call me by my name instead of 'Mr. Detective' if you want..."

"Hmm... Shuichi!" he tries saying. "Huh. Shuichi. Shu...shu..." Kokichi repeats his name, thinking hard. "Shu...mai... Shumai!!"

"...Shumai?" he echoes.

"Yep! Shumai! You'll let me call you that, right?" the purple-haired asks, clasping his hands together. I find myself giggling at their encounter. Kokichi is usually pretty quiet, and I don't think I've ever heard him talk, so I'm surprised that he took such a bold approach with Shuichi. He must've taken quite an interest in him! I think they'll become pretty good friends!

"S-sure..." Shuichi turns away and tugs on his hat. I And with that, the teacher begins her lesson and I turn back to face the front.

-

The bell rings loudly, signaling that lunchtime has arrived. Our classmates are up in a heartbeat, hurrying towards the door as quickly as they can go. 

"Kaede, you comin'?" I hear from behind me. I don't need to turn around to recognize the voice, though.

"Of course, Miu! Let's go!" I chirp. Miu and I have been dating for a month now. She makes me so happy! A few people said that we wouldn't stay together for long... but I think otherwise! We'll prove them wrong!!

"Actually, wait a minute..." I look back over to invite Shuichi to join us, but he's already gone. So is Kokichi. On the detective's desk lies a notebook, one that I assume is for class. Should I return it to him?

"Huh? Who's book is that?" the inventor asks me.

"I think its Shuichi's... mind if I go return it to him?" 

"Do whatever you want! I'll be at our usual spot, 'kay?" I nod and Miu gives me a small kiss on the cheek before heading out the door. She does this a lot, but I haven't gotten used to it at all!