Chapter 1: Another Tournament?

Reki POV: 

      Adam was hosting another tournament. I'm not sure why because we just had one. Langa told me to sign up for the tournament. I was hesitant at first, but he did a little pouty face which eventually made me give in. Although, I was now starting to regret my decision.

      I had practiced a lot since the last tournament. I wanted to avoid what happened last time to the best of my ability. After being battered and bruised by Adam, I didn't really want to sign up for the tournament in the first place, however, Langa made me change my mind. I reluctantly signed up for the race, and I had actually made it to the semi-finals. Langa was racing Adam, and I was waiting for the end result so that I could race in my next race. I was terrified because if I won, and Langa lost, then I would have to race against Adam.

      The race was coming to an end, Adam was in the lead. He then decided to pull a love hug on Langa. Shit. It was in a difficult spot on the road. I don't think Langa will be able to dodge it like he did last time.

      I was right. Langa was unable to avoid the love hug. He lost the race. And you called it, I won mine.

Now I have to race against Adam.

Thankfully, Langa was fine and suffered no injuries besides a few scrapes, I was worried.

"Hey.. I'm sorry that I couldn't beat Adam.." He comes up to me and says.

"It's okay, Langa." I say, I could tell that he was worried about my race with Adam. I was too.

"Please race safely against him.." He says, sounding concerned.

"I'll try my best.." I respond with slight hesitation. 

      Since this was the finals of the tournament, we were racing on the same track as last time. The one with the super deadly cliffs. I had never raced on this path before and I knew that if I messed up even once, then I would probably end up dead.

      I knew that Adam was being 100% serious in this race, which terrified me even more. He threw a coin into the air and I prepared to set off.

The coin landed and we both took off at the same time.

I began to get really nervous, and Adam noticed.

"Why so nervous, Reki??" Adam said, in a sarcastic tone.

"Shut the hell up, Adam." I say; I was trying to hide my fear to the best of my ability.

      Adam was dragging behind for some reason, I wasn't sure why. I kept my eyes on him as much as I could so that I could avoid anything that he was planning.

Then Adam pulled in front of me.

Fuck.. We're in a straightaway. I haven't mastered avoiding the love hug yet!

As we turn the next corner I was surprised to see that he didn't do a love hug.

"I don't like your tone, Reki. All I wanted was a civil race between two fabulous skaters. But Little Langa had to go and lose his last race.. so now I have to race with you.." He spoke, he made a pitiful face when he said this sentence.

      That sentence pissed me off more than I thought it would. Without even thinking, I swerved over towards Adam, banging my board into his.

Adam retaliated by doing the same thing, only harder. This sent us into a fight mid-race.

      It began to rain, this was causing me to feel some major déjà vu. I didn't have the right wheels on for this, there was supposed to be no rain today.

Why the hell is it raining NOW?! There was no planned rain all day and as soon as I'm racing it starts.

      We were getting to where Langa and the rest of them were watching, it was also an area of the road that had a big cliff on its left side. And by a big cliff, I mean BIG. CLIFF. The cliff was roughly 60 feet high, which is tall considering that people could very easily skate too close to the edge, then fall and die. There was no way that someone could survive if they fell off there.

We turn the corner, the cliff still there. Adam and I were still fighting. This was when I feel him grab on my wrist and pull me off my board.

Shit. I can't let this happen again.

Adam was swinging me around just like last time. It hurt tremendously.

We were turning a corner, I was no longer anywhere near my board so I knew that I had already lost. However, I couldn't let Adam go. I knew that if I did, then I would fall off of the edge.

It was now raining harder than before, it turned out to be a major storm that was coming in. Adam turned the corner too slowly and was now mere inches away from the edge. I was now hanging over the edge as he continued to spin me.

"Isn't this so much fun??" He laughed as he looked at me with another pitiful expression.

"This isn't funny, Adam. Put me down." I yelled. Not much could've been heard from the rain, the crowd, and the sound of the board.

"You're no fun." Adam said, making a somewhat sad face.

The rain had become so heavy that Adam's hands were beginning to slip.

That's when his hands completely slipped and I fell off the edge.