Chapter 3: Is It Time To Move On?

(Continued in Langa's POV)

The fall had sent Reki into a coma. He had been in it for about a year now.

      I hate to admit it, but I haven't touched my skateboard since. Miya, Cherry, and Joe keep telling me to continue riding as it might remind me of the times that Reki and I spent together. I don't think I can bring myself to do it though, not without him.

      What hurts me, even more, is that I am the only one who still visits him. He is still alive and that's all that matters. I can't believe that nobody else visits him, he's still there and he's still alive! I went to visit him today, I brought his old skateboard with me. I figured he would want it with him, even after something like this I knew that he would still continue skating.

      I had visited him so much that I knew exactly how to get to his room without even thinking about it. Which is exactly what I did. I open the door and see nothing new. Reki still lying motionless on his bed and the monitor beeping is the only sound. It was painful to see, absolutely no progress had been made this entire year that he has been in a coma.

"Hey, Reki.. I'm back. How are you?"

I knew that he wouldn't answer, I mean how could he?

"I brought your skateboard because I figured that you would want it with you." I set the skateboard against the wall and take a seat next to his bed.

After a moment of silence, I grab his hand and rest my head on his legs.

"Please wake up soon.. it isn't the same without you....." I whisper as I feel a tear roll down my face and onto his bed.

I didn't even realize how tired I was, nor that I had even fallen asleep. Not until I was woken up by a panicked nurse.

"Sir, I'm going to need you to wake up and step out of the room. Immediately." She says as she shakes me to wake me up.

I step out of the room without even realizing what was happening. After a moment of fully waking up, I go to look into the window of Reki's room.

I wonder why she wanted me to leav-

I look in and see a group of doctors and a few nurses surrounding Reki. My heart dropped, I felt like throwing up, then my vision blacked out.

All I could hear was the doctors yelling and the one continuous beep of Reki's monitor. There was only one beep, and it wasn't stopping.

Reki was... dead?

"no." I muttered

"no.. no.. NO! NO! REKI!!" I fell to my knees in tears.

"Please be okay, please be okay, Reki. I can't lose anyone else... Not after my dad.. you can't leave Reki. We haven't skated together in over a year..."

"...This can't be the end of our infinity.."