Extra Chapter 2 - A Table for Six

Everyone was there, at the wedding. Jamie was Rowan's best man, and my dad was mine. Unfortunately, he spent the whole time handcuffed and followed by a guard.

Our wedding was a bit odd, but we made it work. I stood in front of everyone, smiling proudly. Dad was talking quietly to himself until he noticed the flower girl making her way down the aisle. Her name was Ursula, or F-40. She had black hair and very light skin. Her freckles complimented her beautiful green eyes. She wore a long, white dress and Mariah, another experiment, had done her hair up all pretty. Every experiment was attending the wedding, if they weren't actually a part of it.

Ursula stood to my right when she reached me. She held her basket tightly and looked up at me, grinning, "I love you."

I smiled back at her, "I love you too, dear."

Soon enough, Rowan was walking down the aisle, led by Jamie. Both were so beautiful, I couldn't help but to keep my grin. Jamie came over by Ursula, while Rowan stopped beside me. We didn't have a real priest, but we had Eli, M-24. And we were both on the edge of tears with our vows.

I had never felt more special than when Rowan and I kissed and everyone was clapping. My heart pounded and my eyes welled with tears that made my vision a little blurry.

After a few photos with the guests, it was finally time to fucking party.

We walked down to the big-ass dining hall, Rowan carrying Ursula on his back. Jamie and all of Rowan's siblings had decorated the dining hall, and they'd made it look wonderful. I sat at the table in the front of the room, where Rowan, my dad, his guard, Jamie, and Ursula also sat. Dad had his handcuffs removed, but the guard still watched his every move.

Before the dinner, people were encouraged to give speeches, talking about their marriage. Jamie began, standing up and clearing his throat. "Five years ago, Isaiah was a mess. He was mean and lazy, but he was trying to change his ways. He kept trying to be a better brother. He was trying, but it wasn't getting him anywhere. Then, I met Rowan, and I liked him a lot. Soon enough, Isaiah did, too. Of course, I was dense, and I didn't figure it out for a little while that they were as close as they were. But now, I could not be any happier for Isaiah and Rowan. Isaiah has been changed for the better." He sat down and everyone else clapped for him.

Next, dad stood up, "I called it, alright? I knew this was going to happen," he said, "But, honestly, I could not be any more proud of my two beautiful boys, and of course, my new granddaughter."

He sat down, and Ursula stood up next, standing on her chair to give herself a lot more height. She froze for a moment, before she began to speak, "I've had three pairs of parents before. I haven't had my dads for as long as the others, but I think they're my favorite pair of parents I've ever had." She sat back down.

The dinner was announced and we were allowed to get our food first. Cake came soon after. Me and Rowan stood in the front of the dining hall, each with a plate of cake. I had two options - feed Rowan the cake like a good little husband, or . . .

I smushed the whole plate in his face, so he laughed and did the same. We were eating the cake off of our faces as we returned to our table. As dinnertime was finishing up, we washed our faces in the bathroom sink. There was still cake on our clothes, but that was fine. The pretty pictures were done and over with - now it was only time to party.