Chapter 14

Katherine's POV

I wake up to a loud banging outside our room. I groan out loud and flatten a pillow around my head but it doesn't reduce the noise at all. I try burying my head against Blaise's chest but even that doesn't work, it only seemed to rock him awake.

"God, what's that noise?"

"I don't know but it woke me up and now I'm grumpy," I groan.

"I'll go check it out." I turn over and attempt to snuggle myself in the blanket but the noise grows louder since Blaise opens our door.

"Uhm, wha- Who ar- I am so confused," the sound stops but Blaise's confusion makes me curious.

"Tell them thanks for stopping the noise, I can go back to sleep now," I tell him.

"Yeah, you heard her. Just keep it down."

I feel him crawl back under the covers and I feel content with the silence and Blaise's added heat. It's not long before I relax back into comfort, I'm grateful that this bed is so comfy.

Sadly, my newfound comfort only lasts about a minute as the racket from outside starts again. I roll onto my back and I slap the sheets out of frustration. 

"What the hell? Did they not understand you?" 

Blaise groans, so this time, I get up and drag myself to the door.

Once stepping out, I am also met with the confusion that must've filled Blaise from earlier.

"Uh- Malakai? Xadian?" I see the two of them plus three others with a drill in each hand and a flute in the other.

"Morning spicy dorito, did you sleep well?" Xadian asks.

"I did until you all woke me up. What the hell are you all doing?" I frown and specifically look at Malakai. He holds a grin on his lips.

"Just some maintenance is all," he replies.

"Why do you have flutes?"

"To keep us from being bored." I roll my eyes as the boy at the back answers.

"And five of you need to be here because?"

"Support." A boy I'm unfamiliar with answers.

"Uh-huh. Well could you hurry the fuck up and be done with whatever you're doing please?" I lean against the door frame and cross my arms over my chest.

"Not a morning person are you?" Xadian speaks.

I roll my eyes and step back into the room, attempting to shut the door again. I say attempting because a foot decides to intercept. I kick at it but then a hand appears, pushing it back open.

"I didn't say that you could close the door."

"Malakai, what the hell?"

"Keep it open," he tells me.

"I'll keep it shut, thanks." I swing the door shut and flop back onto the bed. Instantly, the boys begin making those same loud and irritating noises.

"Oh my God." I pull at my hair.

Blaise lets out a chuckle, more out of frustration than laughter.

"That's it," I say. "Follow me." I grab Blaise's hand and drag him to the door, pulling him along and past the boys' noise. Once we reach the elevator's, we hurry inside and finally become free of that stupid racket.

"What was that about?"

"Don't ask me Blaise, don't ask me," I huff out. "Let's just get some breakfast, yeah?"