Chapter 5

Malakai's POV

"It's okay, she's gone. We can carry on," she whispers with a seductive smirk.

"Moment's gone. Not feelin' it anymore," I slide her off my lap.

I stand to fix my pants and begin looping in my belt but Carissa wraps a hand around my waistband as she silently lowers onto her knees, "bet I can make you feel pretty good," she whispers.

I peel her hand away as she tried unbuttoning my pants, "I told you, moment's gone. Get up Carissa," I drag her up by her wrist.

She rolls her eyes and starts dressing her bare chest, "want me to come back later?" She looks up to me playfully.

"I'm busy," I throw my blazer jacket on and step outside my office.

She dramatically groans and follows me out, "when are you not?" She questions.

I lock the door to my office and head towards the elevators. The clinking of heels shortly follows as she catches up to my side.

"Ignore me. It's fine," she huffs.

"Call someone else Carissa. Go hook up with someone else."

The elevator arrives and we both step in, "I like hooking up with you. I don't care for anyone else," she looks at me with wide eyes.

"What are you busy with? I'm sure I could tag along," she presses the matter.

"Stop prying Carissa. You're a hook up, nothing more."

"Oh c'mon, we've hooked up like what? Ten times? You're telling me you don't feel any sort of attraction?" She drags out. God, she's starting to piss me off.

"Nothing. I feel nothing other than the need for sex," I state the truth. I make it very clear to every hook up. Sexual tendencies is what I want, nothing more.

She pouts like a child and groans again, "I won't be calling you again, Carissa," I step out the elevator and straighten up my dark red tie.

"Wha- are you serious?" I hear her heels smack against the floor as she runs to catch up to me.

I give her one last monotonous look and halt my movement once I reach the lobby, Braxton's sat with his legs crossed over the front desk.

"Off. Now."

I feel a tug on my arm and roll my eyes at Carissa sulking. "Leave Carissa," I demand.

I look back at Braxton who removed his feet off the desk and I wipe away the grit that must've fallen from his shoes.

"But Mal-"

"Go Carissa," I fix my eyes on hers and raise my voice slightly which startles her but she finally complies. She exits the building and I breath in deeply.

"Another clingy one?" Braxton raises an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes and neaten up the papers sprawled out on the desk, "Jesus Mal, you must be a sweetheart in the bedroom cause these ladies really wanna wife you up," he snickers.

I ignore him and catch sight of Xadian, I call him over.

"Oh hey, you know you just missed Katherine."

"Yes, I know," I reminisce in the short moment when she cockblocked me.

"She told me, to tell you that she said 'thank you' for the phone."

"Is Katherine that curly headed ginger?" Braxton intervenes. A collective 'yes' appears as Xadian and I answer simultaneously.

He looks directly at me and a grin forms on his face, "you know she asked for you?" he tells me.