FOUR. vile

— VILE
season one — episode two

— VILEseason one — episode two

CHAPTER FOUR

      EVERYTHING WAS SILENT. No one said a word, in fact, it was so quiet that you could probably hear someone drop a pin. No one moved either. Some people were curled up on their beds, some just stared at the floor and cried, and most were in shock. Minjun was none of those three. He just had a bored look planted on his face, his arms crossed over his chest as he waited for the men in the pink suits to come back.

      A lot had gone down in the past thirty minutes. 255 players died, with only 201 remaining. Minjun wasn't upset or scared like the rest of the players, well, at least he wasn't as scared. I mean, come on, who in their right mind wouldn't be at least a little scared. But, regardless, he wasn't shaking or crying out of fear.

He was actually quite used to situations like this. How do you think his parents died? Sickness? Nope. Not even close. One day, Minjun was in school, because he wanted to get a higher education and help out his parents the best he could, and during that time, a man had broken into their house and attacked both of his parents. He still remembers the brutal image to this day.

      AS MINJUN WALKED DOWN the cool streets of Busan, Korea, he couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. He didn't know what, it was just a gut thing. That's what caused him to start walking faster in order to get to his house quicker. But, even if he did walk fast, it would still take about five more minutes.

      That's when he basically said 'Why not?' and made a run for it. Of course, his lungs and throat burned like crazy from the cold pricking at him, and his nose was slightly runny, and even his eyes were starting to get cloudy. Every time he breathed, you could see it because of how cold it was.

      That didn't stop him. The feeling only kept growing when he saw that his gate was open. It was an old gate, not one of those fancy ones where you have to put in a code, but his parents always made sure it was closed before they even thought about going into the house.

      Another thing that worried him was the fact that this was a small neighborhood. No one ever thought of breaking into someone else's house, or even trying to pickpocket somebody. He stood in front of the gate, taking in a few deep breathes before he opened it more.

      As he walked towards his front door, he saw how the front window was stained with some sort of red substance. That's when he froze before bolting into the house, almost throwing up at the sight in front of him.