Chapter four

I sat at the lunch table in the cafeteria. This place looked like a school, but a boarding school for bad kids. He walked over to me and sat down. "Great place huh?" He said sarcastically. "Yea, sure," I said back. I was nervous but happy he was talking to me. "I'm Fernando." He said giving me a thin smile. He needed to trim his eyebrows, but he was still really cute. " What're you in for?" He asked me. "I was framed," I said. "So...your innocent?" He asked. "Yupp," I answered. "What about you?" I asked . I seemed to be getting more comfortable. "Robbed a store, drugs, and charged with grand theft auto." He answered looking somewhat ashamed. "Well are you sorry?" I asked motherly. "Kinda," he answered sheepishly. "Oh." I said plainly. "I also murdered someone." He said after a few pauses of silence. He said this quietly and seemed scared of himself. I gasped and stared. "I'm due for public execution in a month." He started to tear up. "But- why-..." I stuttered horribly. Then out of nowhere, he started crying. "I have to go." He said sadly. He was crying so much, his tears fell out of his dark brown eyes and down his neck into his shirt. I teared up at the thought of him being killed. Though I barely knew him, I felt passionate about him, as if he was my brother.