Chapter 4

After 10 minutes of walking we made it to an arena. He explained that he enjoys skating here and usually takes walks afterwards. The logic in that, I don't know. Anyways, we walked towards the car and left the arena parking lot. Why is their logo out side the arena?  Probably a hockey team... I thought.  After some time of aimlessly driving in silent, I started talking.

​"Where are we going?" I said.
​​​
​"Somewhere." He said still looking at the road.

​​​​"Where?" I asked again.

​​​​"Anywhere." He said.

​​​​"​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ You're not being specific you know?" I said. He chuckled.

​​​​" I know, that's the point." He said.

​​​​"Are we soon going to get out of the car?" I asked.

​​​​"Why? You're not enjoy the ride?" He asked.​​​​​​​​​​

​"Not one bit" I said.

​"And why is that?" He asked.

"Because we aren't doing anything! No music is on, you haven't said a word since the bench." I finally said. He automatically stopped the car and finally looked at me.

"You weren't lying when you said that you need to do something or else you get stubborn." He said.

"Well, you weren't talking to me." I said.

"It was a 30 minutes drive." He said smiling.

"Okay whatever. Where are we?"

"I'll show you; here." He said handing me a sweater. Vancouver Giants, I guess he's from Vancouver then. I took it and got out of the car. We walked till the bridge and waited. Waited for something. Personally, I was loving the view. The beautiful St-Laurent river.

"Isabelle?" Brendan said.

"Yes?" I said now looking into his eyes; something I like looking at as well.

"What's your favorite holiday?" He asked. Random much.

"I don't have one."  I said. Don't have much of a family to celebrate with.

"Why not?" He asked.

"It's a long story. But let's just say holiday's aren't really happy times for me."

"I'm sorry." He said. I shrugged my shoulders.

"So what do you do for a living?" I asked. He instantly broke eye contact and stayed quiet.

"It's not important what I do." He finally said.

"Why not?" I asked. The guy is wearing a suit; an expensive one.

" Because Isabelle, what we do doesn't define who we are." He said. "Maybe not, but I'm starting to think you're a drug dealer." I though. But for now I let it go.

"Fair enough." I said. " So why did you bring me here?" I asked

"When I first moved here, I didn't really go out much." He said, not looking at me but at the river. As if he was reminiscing on that day. " I discovered this one day, and ever since I come here."

"Reminds you of your hometown?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said quietly. We stayed like this for a while. Doing absolutely nothing and I liked it. If Annie only knew  what I liked to do. Maybe she would suggested this instead of going clubbing. I really go back to his place. That would be fun, messing with him. Probably eat something and play a game. He  took my hand, bringing back to reality.