CH 1 - Tale 8: Carrie's Thoughts

Carrie was always afraid of talking to people. She wasn't afraid of the people, but she was afraid of how they would perceive her. Her thoughts took over her actions. She never went out and rarely kept in touch with the few friends she had left. She distanced herself because she knew her actions would affect those close to her.

The overwhelming feelings of having to keep a conversation going with someone. It was all too much to think about. Carrie would escape to her own world. A world that she created herself. She would slowly drift off into this world when things got too hard for her to cope.

She would lay in her bed staring at the ceiling while playing out a whole world in her head. She would hang out with her friends, and would go out to parties. She was having fun while also being confident.

The noise of her window opening quickly made her snap back to reality. A person was slowly opening her window while looking directly into her eyes. "Hi Carrie, I'm here to take you to the world you dream of"

Carrie looked blankly at the person opening her window. The figure held out their hands. Carrie noticed the person was floating. They were smiling. Something about them just made Carrie feel safe and wanted. She walked slowly to them. Smiling and holding out her hands to meet theirs. Their fingers touched, and their hands were in a tight embrace.

Carrie's body laid life less on her bed. As the cuts on her wrists bled. She was finally happy. The pain was gone. No more overthinking. No more consequences. It was all gone.