Chapter 1

"Leila!" My mum shouts, I groan and roll over to check the time...7:00...I'm late!
"Coming mum, two seconds!" I shout back, I bounce out of bed and get unbraided my hair that I braided the night before. I did my natural makeup and slipped into my black t-shirt, red checkered shirt and denim shorts, not forgetting my black vans and black and white bandana.

I race down the stairs but end up falling down the last two...oops?

"Are you okay?" My mum giggles at me, I dust myself off and laugh along with her, she walks over to me and holds out a hand for me to grab. I grab it and she helps me up.
I thank her and we both get into the car to go to McDonald's.

A very attractive male is at the till, blonde hair and blue eyes. I stand there until I realise it's my turn to order.
"Urm, I'll take the 20 chicken nuggets and a large coke to go please?" I said, with a smile.
"Course, that's £5.90 please" he smiles, I nod and give him the money.
"I'll bring your order over to you, go ahead and take a seat." I smiled and nodded, sitting down opposite my mother.

"So hunny, are you excited about moving schools next semester?" She smiles.
"Not really, I mean I grew up here, now we've gotta move all the way to England, not to mention I'll be going back a year." I rolled my eyes.
"Yes, but in England the schooling system is different to the ones in Cali, I promise you you'll make friends easy" I nod...little does she know.

-----------2 MONTHS LATER----------
"CHELSEY! CHELSEY! CHELSEY!" The school chants, she pulls my hair and drags me down to the floor, I just sit there and let it happen, my mothers words running though my head 'I promise you you'll make friends easy' what a load of bullshit!

SLAP!!! "Excuse me? Are you even listening to me you attention whore?" Chelsey smirks. I shake my head and laugh, I get up and push her off of me. This is the last of it! 1 week in and I'm already getting bullied? Nuh uh, fuck this!

She grabs my hair and pulls me back down to the floor, I start laughing and pull her down beside me, I then start hitting her multiple times in the face, earning cheers and squeals. Suddenly two hands are wrapped on my wrists, holding them behind my back, I try to shake them off but they're too strong. Only one thing left to do. I swing my head back and smash it against Chelsey's nose, blood oozes out all over her face, my face and even into my hair.

I'm lifted off of Chelsey and thrown into a classroom. I look up to see a boy towering over me, another reason I hate being small. He smirks at me and grabs my wrist, pulling me over to the sink. I stay silent and let him clean me up, a couple of bruises and cuts are forming on my knuckles and my hair is falling out.

"D'you not have a voice?" He speaks, his voice is much more gentle than I imagined it would be. His dark brown hair lifted into a quiff, and his nose ring moving everytime he took a breath, his green eyes pierced into mine as he spoke, sending shivers down my back.

"I do...to people I know, I only moved here a week ago, I don't really speak to anyone." I said blankly. Rolling my eyes and looking out the window, I heard him huff and chuckle.

"You've only been here a week and you've already had a fight with the strongest girl in school?" He laughed, this statement caused me to laugh, maybe a little too loud.

"Strongest girl in school? Wow...you should visit Cali, the girls are like men!" I smiled.

"I'm Ben, nice to meet you" he said, smiling and sticking out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm Leila, ditto" I smiled, he looked at me strangely.

"Ditto?" I questioned. He nodded..."it means same." I laughed, causing him to let out a nervous chuckle.

-BELL RINGS-
"Right, I gotta go, gotta go tell my mom all about today and how I stuck up to the new bitch" I laughed, he chucked again and nodded.

"Same, meet me in Starbucks tomorrow around 8:00?" He smiled

"Yeah yeah, I'll be there, bye" I smiled, grabbing my bags that he'd brought in for me and walking out of the door.

Well this first week has been great....NOT!!

____________________

Outfits in the picture above for what she wears those days