Prologue

It was one of the last cold nights of the year for Forks, the rain would replace the chill in the air within weeks. Renesmee Black was in her little house pacing nervously while talking to her mom, Bella Cullen, over the phone. The nervousness was impossible to keep out of her bell of a voice, "Mom, do you and Dad mind if we come to the cottage tomorrow?" There was a short pause on her words, the vampire-human hybrid became more anxious, "Yes. It will be Jacob and me coming, both of us." Another short pause, "Yes, I'm fine. I just need to tell you and Dad something important." Renesmee hadn't been able to work up the courage to see her parents for the two months, since she found out she was pregnant.

Jacob Black, Renesmee's husband came in from the end of one of his pack's bonfires at that moment. The phone was instantly put on speaker.

"Are you sure? I can hear your pacing." Bella's voice was dripping with worry.

"Yes mom, I'm fine. Would you rather Jacob's reassurance?"

There was slightly less fear in her voice, "No, thanks. I'm sure he's busy with his pack. Do you want to hunt when you come over?"

Jacob looked questioningly at Renesmee, knowing that she had been insisting on hunting by herself the last while.

"No, thank you though. I hunted earlier." Renesmee had winced at her mom's words. Her hunts had been getting much clumsier over the last few weeks. Renesmee faked a yawn, "Mom, I'm tired. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright," the worry was returning to her voice, "love you."

"Love you too, tell Dad I'm coming over." With that she hung up the phone, sliding down onto the couch in panic.

"It'll be alright Nessie," Jacob sat down by her, "your mom will be relieved. The panic in your voice was almost Volturi visit panic.

"I guess you're right, I probably over-reacted." She started off towards the front door, "I'm going to go hunt, so that Mom and Dad don't realize that I am thirsty."

"Alright, Leah's out there. She was going to go hunt, if you want to go with her I'm sure she'll be more than happy. I have to go on a patrol."

"I'll hunt alone," Renesmee paused, "like usual."

"Be safe," Jacob called as Renesmee raced into the woods, nearing the clumsiness that Bella was before turning to a vampire. Like she wouldn't be safe, she was half vampire and mated to the alpha of the pack who's land she was on. No one here dared laid a wrong eye on her.

In the morning Jacob gently shook Renesmee awake, "Nessie, you need go get up. You've slept in. Your mom texted, she asked if we could go to the Cullen house instead of the cottage. The Denali's are going to visit."

Renesmee half-mindedly reached up and used her special memory communication to ask why Jacob let her sleep in.

"Because Leah had to bring you back. You went out to the mountains to hunt, you exhausted yourself. You knew that you were already tired when you went out. Why did you go out so far?"

Renesmee's drawn back hand went forward again to show a memory of Sam's patrol were she was originally going to hunt.

"You know you don't have to worry about them. I've already had Sam get his pack to agree not to confront you. Plus, Aro can't get to either pack anyway. I know that worries you."

Renesmee just nodded, not bothering to show any memories in response. Fear was still lacing her features as she got ready and they left, Renesmee running alongside Jacob when he phased.