5

I was screaming into the phone, "Do you realize how hard it was to even fight him? Having him in my head is worse! Please, convince me that you thought that through!" I was trembling again, stronger and stronger.

Leah took the phone away, "Nessie, your gonna make her phase. Text next time." I heard the beep as she hung up. I briefly heard her trying to calm me down before I phased again. The door was still open so I raced out into the woods.

Ricca's voice was in my head again, Dawn, are you alright?

I'm fine. Leave me alone Ricca. I didn't believe it but she actually quieted down. Her thoughts became softer, as if she was whispering. I wasn't echoing with an order, she actually listened to me.

Leah was a different matter, Dawn calm down. Your mom's just worried about you. I heard her paws thrumming not far behind me, joined by Ricca's. Leah caught up quickly, running just behind me on my right side. Ricca caught up soon after, staying slightly behind, not taking any real formation.

Leave me be, both of you. I didn't want to command them, I wanted them away though. Leave me alone, now. My voice echoed on the order. I hadn't felt like I had a choice but use the alpha voice. They both slowed to a stop as I raced around, keeping to the space Sam provided.

By the time dawn approached, I had finally settled down on the far edge of the space. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

Sometime later, Leah was waking me up. Dawn, Sam's been trying to get to you. He and your dad have been trying to get you to meet them.

It took a minute to realize what had happened, when I did I was on the edge of panic. They want to meet now? How long have I been asleep?

Leah's voice was in my head again, Its around noon. I saw you come over here around dawn. I left you alone but still followed you, I'm surprised you didn't notice.

I was upset, I had reason not to notice. Is the rest of the pack at the Cullen's house? I tried not to get water all over Leah as I shook the remaining dew and rain out of my fur.

Yeah, they are. Sam and your dad went there when you were late to the cliff. They're humans right now. Your dad brought Embry, Sam brought Jared. She started running, Dawn, race.

I pelted through the woods after her, your on, I barked after her.

When we got near the Cullen house we slowed down, Leah, get to my right shoulder. I didn't realize that she had been surprised to be my second. Once she was standing beside me, we came into the yard.

My father spoke immediately, "Dawn I'm sorry. Please let me ask one more time, come back."

Two more wolves were behind me instantly, with those of my pack who had phased to a human behind me. Leah and Layla were both growling for me, Sam seemed startled at how instantly Layla was willing to defend me. The thirteen year old was his daughter, she had always been close to him. Leah, Layla, stop. I don't want to fight again, I won't run again. Layla, ask Esme to bring me some clothes please. Leah, please go phase back. We need to be able to talk to them.

"You already figured out how to lead?" my dad's question wasn't shocking, it was his threatening tone that made me growl.

Jason, keep things under control while I'm in the house, in other words, don't let them fight. I shook out my fur as I stalked away, baring my teeth as I passed my father.