6.

Onika Maraj
Continued.....
Night Time

Like I told my mom earlier, I knew what I was gonna do, I just didn't know how I was gonna do it. Bey told me that she thought I deserved something nice for all the hard work I did, and she invited me over for a movie night. I know I didn't really do much but she was being really sweet so I didn't say anything about it. I was still gonna take the movie night either way.

I didn't wanna wear anything to fancy, after all we were just gonna be watching a movie. So I settled for a fitted Tommy hilfigure crop top and skinny jeans. I put my matching slides on, brushed my hair down, grabbed my phone and house keys, then walked out.

I was gonna use the spare key, but I didn't feel like bending down so I just rang the door bell. She opened it a few seconds later, only her head poking out.

I raised an eye brow. "Hey, you good?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I just almost got outta the shower and I only have on boxers so I opened the door like this. Come in." She opened the door all the way, waiting for me to walk in before closing the door.

"Alright, you go back to the movie room and I'll be down in a jiffy."

She winked at me before running upstairs. I chuckled, shaking my head and walking back to the movie room. I could smell the popcorn before I even got in the room. I honestly didn't have to think my decision over to much. I think the problem before my mom came over was that I over think things a lot. I kept on telling myself to keep eyes in the back of my head in case he decided to finally show his true colors, but these are his true colors. All 456 of them. I chuckled to myself.

"Hi neighbor." She said with a smile, finally walking in the room.

"Hey, sit down. I gotta talk to you."

She creased her eye brows, grabbing our popcorn before she sat next to me, turning towards me. "Why's wrong? Did I do something?"

I shook my head, grabbing the remote and starting the movie, dimming the lights in the process, but we could still see each other. "No, it's not really something you did. I mean, you did do it but it's not something bad."

She still looked on edge. I chuckled, grabbing her shoulder and making her look at me. "Bey, listen to me. It's not anything bad. Your not loosing me here if that's what your thinking."

She let out a breath of fresh air. "Oh thank God."

I creased my eye brows. "Can I ask you a question?"

She nodded. "Ask away."

"Why are you so afraid of loosing me? What about when I didn't even like you? How'd you feel then?"

"To answer your first question, because your someone that I value very closely and it would tear me to pieces if you ever said you didn't wanna be my friend anymore. To answer you second question, I've always been used to being somewhat alone, so if you didn't respond to me trying to get your attention every second, I'd just keep trying and trying until I couldn't try anymore."

I tilted my head. "Alone? Your used to being alone?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I don't really think that's something I should deliberate on, just know that's why I'm such a great cook." She said with a wide smile.

I smiled back. I just got something somewhat as to why she's like she is. I haven't got much, but when I do I'll put the pieces together, trust me.

"But back to what I was saying, I just feel like....I feel like we....like we have a lot of growing to do you know." I have no idea how to put what I want to say in words. I'm not so great at expressing myself and it's showing right now. This is gonna be so embarrassing.