Breakfast

Soon after the pair get back from the bathroom they hear an announcement from the woman on the PA, asking them to return to the room with their bunks and that lights out would be in thirty minutes. Sang-Woo and Opal find two open beds next to one another. About thirty minutes after lights out 212 is banging on the door and yelling at the guards, "hey, hey, hey! Open the door, you jerks! I have to pee really bad, right now!"

Opal rolls her eyes and looks over to Sang-Woo who looks just as irritated, "did she not think to go when we got the thirty minute warning."

Sang-Woo chuckles, "I guess not."

"Don't you jerks ever take a leak?" 212 bangs on the door some more. "Let me is the restroom! I gotta go now! Hey, just let me use the. Atheism for one second. Jeez, come on! Look, it's mostly men in here, okay? Want a puddle here? Damn it! Damn you, scumbags! I hope you're ashamed. Treat us like humans, damn it! Who do you think you are? Hey, Triangle. I don't need you. Get me your superior. Just get me that dumb square head guy." One of them must answer before for about thirty seconds there is a sweet silence. But 212 must not get the answer she is hoping for, because she soon begins her ranting again, "damn it. You masked guys think you. Intros when I'm supposed to pee, huh? Oh, what the... you freaking bastards!" The bangs on the door some more, "you don't think I'll go pee right here and now? Shit! Here I go! You all ready to hear some rain?"

Just then the door opens and Opal sighs, "thank God."

They then here a man speaking from the door, "follow me."

"Damn Koreans," 212 scoffs, "people won't listen to someone until they start screaming at you." Most of the people in the room can't hear the rest of the conversation, unless it's from 212 because she's being so loud, but soon she is shown out of the room.

Opal sighs again and shakes her head, rolling over onto her back, staring at the bunk above her. "Can't sleep?" She looks over to Sang-Woo as he whispers to her.

"No," she shakes her head and rolls over to face him. "But I was never big on sleepovers as a kid."

"You seem to have no problem sleeping at my place."

"But that's just you and me, not with 101 other people."

"That's true," Sang-Woo nods, "if you want, you can also come cuddle with me."

"Really? But what if people think we're together?" Opal chuckles.

"I think they already know."

Opal quietly climbs of her bed and into Sang-Woo's, laying her head on his chest and snuggling up with him. Sang-Woo wraps his arms around Opal and places his head on top of her's smelling her hair while she drifts off to sleep. But Sang-Woo can't seem to keep his eyes closed, soon he hears the two women they had let out of the room to use the bathroom back in and he can hear them talking. 212 trying her best to whisper, "hey, what did you see? Huh? Come on, what's you see?"

Sang-Woo gets a good look at the two women, the second on is 067, who is shrugging 212 off of her shoulders, "I'll tell you tomorrow."

"Why tomorrow? Just tell me now. Hey, what did you see? You must have seen something. You were up there for so long. Come on."

067 refuses to tell 212 anything, but Sang-Woo knows exactly who to ask about the next game tomorrow morning. Eventually Sang-Woo manages to fall asleep, but even he isn't sure if it's by choice or due to general exhaustion. They are waken up the PA system chiming, followed by an announcement, "good morning, everyone. A new day has dawned. Please wake up and prepare for your day."

"How did you sleep?" Sang-Woo looks down to Opal who is still in his arms. But she is sleep asleep, "hey, it's time to wake up."

"No," Opal pulls a blanket over her head.

"Come on, you've gotta get up."

Then the woman on the PA makes another announcement, "attention. It is now time for breakfast. All players, please form a line in the center of the room."

"Did she say breakfast?" Opal asks as she lowers she blanket and rubs her eyes.

"Yeah, she did," Sang-Woo chuckles, "but you can't get any of you don't get up."

"Okay," Opal takes a deep breath.

"Okay?" Opal just nods as she rolls over. Once they are up they join the other players in line.

They end up getting a packaged pastry and a bottle on milk. As far as breakfasts go, they've both had worse. They get back to their little area and are joined by 199, Gi-Hun and the old man. Everyone begins to eat, except for Sang-Woo, who is zoned out in thought, trying to think of something they could play with melted sugar. "Hey, sir," 199 brings Sang-Woo back to reality, "why aren't you eating that?"

Sang-Woo looks to the packages pastry and picks it up before holding out to 199, "have it."

"Do you mean it?"

"I don't eat most mornings."

"Thank you so much, sir."

Opal looks between Sang-Woo and 199, "are you sure you'll be able to make it all day? Even with the game we'll have today?"

"You know," Gi-Hun moves his head from side to side for a moment, "geniuses never eat much. You should get used to it." 199 wastes no time opening the package and digging into the pastry Sang-Woo had given him and Gi-Hun offers him his bottle of milk, "take mine too."

"Thank you, sir."

Just then the classical music that had played before the first game begins to play again and the woman on the PA begins to speak, "attention. The second game will begin shortly. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall. I will now repeat the instructions. Attention. The second game will begin shortly. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall."

Sang-Woo and Opal line up with the others, Opal between Sang-Woo and player 199. Sang-Woo turns to Opal as they start walking through the brightly colored hallway, "I'll meet you in the game hall."

"Okay," Opal nods a bit confused as to what's going on, but assumes that Sang-Woo is going to run to the restroom before they begin the next game, after all he drank his bottle of milk and half of hers.

But Sang-Woo doesn't go to the restroom, he is snaking his way up the line to speak to 067. He manages to weave his way in and out of the line and gets behind her. "You saw something, right?" 067 looks back to Sang-Woo confused as to how he knows anything, "I happened to overhear your discussion last night. So tell me, what did you see?"

"Why would I?" 067 moves her eyes to the floor in front of her.

"You're a defector, right? All the games they made us play in here are games I have known since I was a young boy. The next game will be too, I'm willing to bet. You tell me what you saw, I might be able to guess what it is."

"They were heating sugar."