Rich

Opal is taken to a room with a bed covered in black and gold pillows, the walls, floor and even ceiling are so shiny you can see your reflection in them. The staff members throw her into the room and close the door, seconds before she hits it, trying to open the door to get back to Sang-Woo and the others. But no matter how hard she hits the door or throws her body into it, the door doesn't budge and no matter how much she yells and screams for help, she knows no one is coming. She hadn't even noticed the door on the other side of the room until it opens, and in walks in a man in a well tailored suit and a golden mask that resembles a water buffalo. The man steps toward her and takes off his mask, "so this is where you ran off to." When the mask is off, Opal recognizes the man, as her father Oliver. "Honestly, I don't know why we didn't think to look in South Korea."

"Because you never bothered to pay attention. Grandpa was the only one who cared."

"You've clearly been eating well. What are you now, a size 8? Maybe a 10?"

"You mean healthy. Yes. I stopped starving myself a couple months after I left."

"I see you lost all since of taste as well. That man down there is old enough to be your father."

Opal scoffs, "yeah, maybe you had me when you were in your early twenties and not your late thirties."

"Why are you here?"

"I needed money."

"If you needed money you could have come home or, at the very least, called."

"Oh and what? Talk to your newest secretary? Would they even know who I was if I called? Lord knows you go through them faster than Mom goes through oxi."

Oliver sighs and lowers his head, trying to show some humility to his daughter, "we were worried about you."

"Uh huh, I'm sure." Opal crosses her arms and looks around the room. Looking everywhere expect for at her father as tears form in her eyes, "how long did it take?"

"What?"

Opal now brings her gaze to her father, "how long did it take you to realize I was gone?"

"We noticed as soon as you..."

"Don't fucking lie to me!"

"3 months," Oliver hangs his head, ashamed it took them three months to notice their only child was missing. "It took us three months."

"And you did bother looking?"

"Did you want to be found?"

"Of course not. That was the point of going to the one place I knew you wouldn't look."

"Looking back on it now it was pretty obvious."

"Let me go back."

"What?"

"Let me go back into the games."

"No, it already cost me a million to get you out."

"Then buy him out."

"What you're little boyfriend? No. He got himself into this mess and now he gets to fix it."

"But I get out because I'm well connected?"

"One of the perks of being rich. Something you never understood how to take advantage of."

"Something you never understood I hated! I hated being treated differently just because of who you are. Everyone wanted to be close to you, no one cared about me. Not my friends, boyfriends, our family. They'd all use me to get close to you."

"Maybe that's true. But your connections just saved your life," Oliver opens a drawer on the dresser in the room and pulls out a black and pink box, "now get changed. You owe those nice men out there a show."

"They're not all men."

"I'm not talking about them," Oliver doesn't say another word to his daughter before he leaves.