17

"they say a man's ego is his biggest weakness..."
_______________________________

time skip to end of the week with sasuke~

other than being physically exhausted from the physical extortion i'd went through the past week, my mental state was withered as well.

the past week had not only included vigorous training, but was nothing short hell. we ended up somewhere in the mountains where sasuke and i would set up camp; though, at the time i'd yet to find out not only his fighting style, but his true intentions as well. the first day was mostly easygoing due to being exhausted from the trip, but the following days were anything but.

he'd made me get up at 4:30 am every day to begin training starting with some hiking to the top of the mountain and then sparring. he was obviously way more experienced making it pretty difficult for me, and the conditions didn't help at all.

the day where the turning point really happened was the sixth day, the night before we were to leave. we were going for our last spar which was my chance to practice everything i'd learned, and i'd like to think i may have poked at something i shouldn't have.

it was down to the very end before one of us was about to win.

flashback~

"there's no way i'm going to lose to you!" i yelled through gritted teeth.

i began to nudge him closer to the edge of the mountain, glancing down to the steep decline below. if he fell, he'd still be fine, but i wasn't planning on really pushing him off.

i'll just go far enough to crush his ego.

he threw a fast punch just as i was able to use my speed to my advantage

he threw a fast punch just as i was able to use my speed to my advantage. i grabbed the back of his neck so he couldn't escape and trailed myself forwards closer to the edge. i stared harshly into his eyes, feeling like i'd actually been able to prove him wrong—finally.

just as i was ready to make my finishing move, a patch of unseen ice came under my foot, causing me to slip and begin to fall backwards.

shit.

before i could hit the ground he grabbed me by the hood of my jacket and pulled me so i was the one facing the edge.

"i thought you were going to crush me?" he asked nonchalantly.

i tried to maintain my composure to find an opening.

i can't, it's too slippery here.

he just kept getting closer and closer to the edge. i thought he'd stop by now, but pretty soon the back of one foot was off the side.

"hey...i think you've won already...," i trailed nervously.

"it's just getting good, you seriously want to stop now?" he asked deviously.