Too Young To Be On Wattpad

Helen was bored out of her mind. She was trying to find something to keep her occupied. She got on her mother's computer, and discovered Wattpad. She had a knack for writing, and she quickly made an account. She said she was 11 on her profile.

-blackmascara- discovered Helen that went by the username, Princesslipstick. "You're too young to be on this app," said -blackmascara-. "Too many inappropriate stuff, that minors shouldn't be reading."

"I am just here to write," said Helen.

"Wattpad is for ages 16 and up," said -blackmascara-. "Get off this app!"

"I don't care!" said Helen. "I just want to share my stories with the world!"

"Hey, you're not supposed to be on Wattpad!" said her mother. "You're not old enough, Helen!"

"How am I supposed to share my writing?" asked Helen.

"Join a writing club at your school," suggested her mother. "Please delete your account."

Helen did just that. All she wanted to do, was share her work. She was mad at her mother. But, rules were rules. And, there was nothing she could do about it.

"Good, she deleted her account!" said -blackmascara-. "Wattpad has a lot of mature content, that 11 year olds should be reading."

This story was written on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021.

A/N Too many young people join Wattpad, and they stumble upon inappropriate content. I wrote this story to promote awareness on this issue! People under 18, shouldn't be reading adult books, that are about sex, and other inappropriate content! Parents have to watch their children! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.