Trick Or Treating With Her Older Brother

Rachel was excited to go trick or treating. She was dressed as a ballet dancer. It was a mild night, with patchy clouds, and a crescent moon. But, just as she was about to step out the door, her mother stopped her.

"Rachel, you can't go trick or treating alone!" said her mother.

"I'm 8 years old, Mom!" protested Rachel.

"You're still too young to be trick or treating by yourself," reasoned her mother. "Max will go with you."

"Come on, little sis," said Max, her older brother, who was dressed as Freddy Kruger. "Let's go trick or treating together."

Rachel didn't like the idea, but rules were rules. Safety was the number one priority on Halloween night. Rachel and Max went to a lot of houses, and got lots of candy. Their neighbor Joseph wasn't home, and his porch light was off, so they didn't go to his house.

Rachel hoped that one day, she would be able to trick or treat on her own. But, she still had a ways to go.

She would probably be trick or treating on her own, when she became a teenager.

This story was written on Sunday, October 31st, 2021. (Halloween)

A/N Rachel is only 8 years old! She's too young to be trick or treating alone! Her older brother Max is accompanying her on her trick or treating excursion! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.