Chapter Eight

He slammed the bathroom door closed as Charlie carefully picked herself up from the ground.

She caught her reflection in the bathroom mirror. Blood covered almost inch of visible skin; her clothes were soaked in patches of blood from the various cuts she had received. She ran her hand over the now dried blood from the small cut on her neck.

Charlie turned on the sink taps, she ran her tongue along her teeth trying to figure out which were either missing or needing to be removed. She cupped her hands under the running sink water before bringing it to her mouth, the water dribbled down her chin as she spat the bloody water into the sink.

She cupped her hands under the running tap water again, she shoved the water into her mouth and spat it out again.

Charlie breathed deeply as she lifted up her shirt to wipe the water from her chin and lips. She looked at the marks on her stomach, she wasn't surprised.

Charlie painfully lifted the bloody shirt off her body. She dropped the shirt to the floor, Charlie reached behind her back to unclip her bra. She winced in pain as she felt the clasp of her bra undo.

She dropped her arms by her side as she took in the blood, cuts and nail marks from her father.

Charlie shrugged off the straps of her bra, she paused as the key from her bra bounced against the bathroom floor.

"Charlotte, is everything okay?" He called out from the hallway as he waited outside the closed bathroom door. "Do I need to come in?" He placed his hand on the door handle of the door.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

Charlie carefully picked up the key "I was looking for tampons." She lied as she buried the key under the shirt.

He stared at the closed bathroom door "I'll see what the girls have."

Charlie listened.

He paused for a moment as he watched the bathroom door before he slowly stepped away from the door.

---

Charlie pulled open the bathroom door "You need to stop doing that."

He pushed himself off the wall ignoring the bloody clothes she was wearing even though she was now visibly blood free "When you stop running, I'll stop waiting."

Charlie rolled her eyes.

He lead her back to her room.