Total Chaos 29: The Man She Once Had

"I like you, Rousteen. Please give me a chance to prove myself to you". Jungkook held her right hand.

"If you feel the same, then we're gonna spend the rest of our lives together". He spoke.

"But if not, I'll give you the rights to divorce me, and I won't prevent you from doing what you think is right".

"Just give me a chance, and I'll do everything to prove myself to you". There was an awkward silence. For a brief moment, Jungkook thought Rousteen disagrees with him.

"Then go prove yourself to me starting  right now". Rousteen answered.

-

She was known for breaking hearts and humiliating men every time they confess their love to her. But to Jungkook, she did none of those. Maybe because he looks exactly the same as her late lover? But that would be wrong. To love somebody as someone they're not is wrong.

Rousteen quickly stood up from her seat when she heard one of her nephews scream. With that, she ran outside her bedroom without locking it. The scream sounded like it came outside the mansion, so she hurriedly ran her way out of the house to go to the kid's playground.

She also saw a few guards rushing they're way to the playground. They must've heard the scream too. When Rousteen saw her nephews carrying two puppies, her body relaxed.

"Is everything okay? I heard one of you scream". Rousteen asked and crouched down to their level.

"Lhey was the one who screamed". Khai immediately pointed out.

Then a sweating Park Seojoon came along witg his wife, Mirae. The two are wearing their gear, they must've been training together.

"Are you two okay?". Mirae asked their kids.

"Yes, mommy. It's just that Lhey overreacted when we saw two stray puppies playing here". Khai answered.

Khai and Lhey made their way towards the guards, and bowed. "Sorry for making you all worried". Lhey spoke. "Uncles can leave now, sorry for the disturbance". Khai said.

The guards bowed to the little masters with a smile on their face, and did what they were told. Mirae made sure that her sons would grow up as someone who respect people. She's aware of how her husband and his siblings are taught to be who they are right now. Park Woosung as their father explains it a lot. To everyone's eyes, they are taught to be cruel, selfish, intimidating, ruthless, cold and self-centered. But they are clearly not like that to those that they are comfortable with.

Since she's the mother, she's the one in control of her kids. And Mirae wants them to grow up the way she wants them too. Kind-hearted, respectful, friendly, and helpful. Despite being born in such family.

At first, Rousteen wasn't really nice to Mirae. She used to ignore her and was often cold to her. Rousteen also made sure that Mirae was intimidated by her. But Mirae manage to break the ice by her own courage. It's just about figuring it all out.

"Can we keep the puppies?" Both Lhey and Khai asked their parents.

"Owning a pet is a huge responsibility, boys. We're allowing you to keep them, but only if you promise us to be responsible". Their mother, Mirae, said. The twins immediately nod their head as an agreement, with bright smiles plastered on their faces.

When the twins walked away, Rousteen spoke, "Where's the nanny you hired for them, Seojoon? She should be here". It is obvious that she was pissed.

Seojoon and Mirae didn't know what to say because they don't know the maids whereabouts either. But Rousteen is definitely right, she should be here. And on the very moment, Ravia arrived with the guards. They must've told her.

"Where were you?". Rousteen walk towards Ravia.

"I was in th-", Rousteen cut her words.

"The only reason why you're hired is to stay with the twins. Why the hell are you roaming around?".

"We don't pay you for nothing. Whatever happens to the twins is your responsibility, and I'll make you pay for it".

"Either you do your job properly or I'll make you jobless for the rest of your life". There was no sign of joking in her tone. Everybody knew Rousteen is capable to do such thing. And threats coming from her should be taken seriously. But what she said to Ravia wasn't a threat at all, it's more like a warning than a threat.

With that, Rousteen walked away from the scene. She went inside the mansion, and made her way upstairs to her room. When she got inside, she saw Jungkook staring a certain picture frame hanging on the wall. It's the picture of her and Jungwon, her late lover.

"Who is he?". Jungkook asked without bothering to look at Rousteen. In the picture frame, Rousteen looks younger. And it was enough for Jungkook to notice that it was taken a long time ago.

"His none of your business". She replied. This time, Jungkook switched his attention to Rousteen.

"Get out, Jungkook. You shouldn't be here in the first place". Rousteen added.

"I need to know who he is, Rousteen. Atleast tell me his name". It sounded like he's pleading for Rousteen to say the man's name.

"Jungkook, you don't need to know who he is". She said.

"But I have to, Rousteen. Please". He said.

"His name is Jungwon. Jeon Jungwon. The man I once had in my arms, the one I spoke about to you before". Rousteen answered.

Jungkook legs immediately went weak after hearing what Rousteen said. Jeon Jungwon, the man beside Rousteen in the picture. The man she loves with all her heart. The man she has a child with. The man she said that got killed, is his older twin brother.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Published on October 13, 2021.
Happiest birthday to my angel, JM. Your sweet smile never fails to brighten my gloomy days. Do whatever makes you happy, what other people says about it shouldn't matter. Be happy for the rest of you life!

NOTE:

Hi guys! I've been very busy lately, schoolworks are stressing me out, and i'm dealing with my personal problems too. I often lose hope and courage. Not seeing my dear readers' comment makes me wonder if i'm doing good or not. I hope you guys will share your thoughts and opinion about it, it will definitely give me courage and joy too. Please interact with me, i want to know y'all and hopefully be good friends too <8