brother bonding and Finding out

Damons pov
"Look I'm sorry I really am and your right I should've told you I was just trying to wrap my head around everything I've only been back for a few hours and I do care about you, Stef I always will. I didn't just come back for Elena I came back for you too." He looked at me shocked that I was saying this. "Really you came back for me." He asked like he didn't hear me properly. "Of course your my little brother." "I thought you hated me after what I did I thought you'd never want anything to do with me."He said. "I could never hate you Stef no matter how angry I am." "But you promised me an eternity of misery." He said. "I did but then I realised an eternity is to long to stay mad at someone your my brother Stefan no matter what happens that will never change. Your the only family I have left and I don't want to lose you I've missed you. "I've missed you to but I'm the reason your like this I'm the reason you turned I forced this on you. You didn't want to but I forced you because I couldn't live without you." "Stop putting so much guilt on yourself do you know who's fault this really is? Katherine's. This never would've happened if she didn't get between us but I was so blind I didn't even notice how she was sabotaging our relationship but I don't blame you anymore for forcing me to turn because if the roles were reversed I would've done the same thing and you know what maybe this was a good thing. Think about it if we didn't turn I never would've met Elena and you would never have met Caroline" "I pointed out." He shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah I guess your right." He said. "Of course I'm right. why don't we just put this whole eternity of misery to rest and start over let's just leave the past in the past I meant what I said when I first arrived here I've missed you Stefan and I want us to be brothers again I shouldn't have let Katherine get between us I'm sorry. I should've been the brother that you deserved not that the pushed you away when you needed me. I'm sorry please forgive me. Of course I do. My little brother always a saint always trying to do the right thing. I owed him he saved my life over and over again I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for him I should be the one saving him not the other way around. How about we go to the grill I'll tell you everything about the prison world and you can tell me what I missed here."I suggested. "I'd like that" he said and we headed of to the grill.

(Mystic grill)

Stefans pov
When we arrived at the grill Alaric was sitting on one of the bar stools drinking bourbon I watched as Damon walked towards him tapping him on the shoulder. He turned around in the chair he's face looked like it seen a ghost. "Damon your back." "Hey buddy I'm back. You didn't think you were getting rid of me that easily." He said patting him on the shoulder. "Things have been quiet stressful here without you." "I'm away for 6 months and everything goes to hell I don't know what you guys would without me. So tell me what did I miss" "Well" I joined them ordering 3 shots of bourbon. "Now don't get mad but Elena tried to kill herself when she thought you died" I explained taking a gulp from the bottle. "She did what?! He got up slamming his hands on the table. He was clearly very angry and I don't blame him Damon loves Elena with everything he had and hearing something like this would drive him mad. I'm going to talk to her." He said worried."Damon you have to know when she thought you died she didn't know how to move on when you left you took a part of her with you the void she felt was to deep it was killing her she didn't know how to live without you." I explained."Well how do you think I felt Ive missed her like crazy I thought of her everyday I just never thought she'd do anything like this. I have to talk to her I have to make sure she's ok. He placed the money on the counter for the drinks and left.

(Salvatore boarding house)

Damon's pov.
I went home and knocked on my door Elena was there since she's moved back in here it felt weird knocking on my own door. "Come in." I opened the door when I heard her angelic voice. I walked inside towards her she was doing her make up which I thought was unnessacary she looked just as beautiful without it maybe even more. Walking toward her I wrapped my arms around her waist and nibbled lightly on her ear. "Damon" she mumbled quietly. I'm busy she sighed. "Really to busy for me?" She sighed in defeat and turned around kissing me softly before she could turn around again I cupped her face in my hands looking into her soft brown doe eyes "Lena tell me are you ok"I asked concerned. "Of course I'm ok why wouldn't I be." She said. "Well Stefan told me you tried to kill yourself. Why would you do that." I was scared for her and really upset that she'd try this didn't she know I needed her."Why would you do it what about Bonnie, Caroline, Jeremy, Stefan, me. We need you. I need you. You are my life I don't know what I would do without you. I need you to live not just for me but for them to and for yourself to. What if I came back and you weren't here what would I have done. Promise me you would never do that again that you'd live your life. I can't lose you I won't. I said tears running down my cheek. I honestly don't know what I'd do if she did succeed. "Im sorry I promise I won't do it again." I pulled her in hugging her tightly her head buried in my chest. I love you Damon she whispered. I love you to Elena so much more than you would ever know.