Part 3

After getting changed into some black jeans and a tight dark blue vest, I got to the house.

Opening the door, Elijah was stood in a suit, pouring himself a bourbon.

"Want a drink?" He asked without turning around.

"What am I doing here?" I questioned. "Last I checked I screwed you over just as much as I did Klaus."

He sighed and then turned around.

"I am not like my brother Jade, I believe that time heals pain and betrayal." He began. "I haven't brought you here to torture you."

I was a bit relieved, I was getting prepared to be chained up for the next few days.

He passed me the drink that was in his hand.

"You can trust me." He spoke.

(ONE HOUR LATER)

I was sat at the table with my leg up on the seat and my elbow resting on my knee. Elijah was sat further across the room, drinking while I smoked a cigarette.

I turned my head as the door opened and Klaus walked in looking angry about something. He only looked angrier to see me.

"What is she doing here?" He asked Elijah.

"I invited her round Niklaus, don't make a scene."

"You invite round the girl who betrayed us and I'm supposed to be happy about that?" Klaus asked.

"After five hundred years?" I scoffed, picking my drink up and standing up. I got close to his face and my talking got quieter. "You know you can't resist me."

I found myself being vamp sped against the wall with a hand around my neck.

"Do not mistake my brother's forgiveness of you as a sign that I have even the slightest interest of doing the same as well!" He shouted.

I then felt blood drip out of my mouth. Klaus's face turned to concern and Elijah stood up.

I shoved his hand off my neck and coughed to the side of me the rest of the blood coming out of my mouth.

"What's going on?" Klaus asked.

I sighed and wiped the blood off my lips with the back of my hand. I knew exactly what was going on, but I wasn't saying anything.

"I told you to keep your fucking hands off me." I said and then walked out of the door.

I couldn't sleep. The thought that I could've just given away the reason why I was here put me on edge.

It wasn't obvious to someone seeing me, but it was obvious to me that I didn't have much time left.

I walked downstairs and opened a bottle of vodka, drinking it straight away while sitting down on the sofa.

I stopped when I heard the door open, vamp speeding immediately away. I then vamp sped back, grabbing her neck and shoving her against the wall hissing with my fangs and veins before I knew who it was.

"Always a pleasure seeing you mother." She chuckled.

"Hello Katherine." I smirked.

(FIVE HUNDRED YEARS AGO)

I was invited downstairs to a ball that Klaus was hosting. He was doing this to lure a girl that he knew would be the key to breaking his curse. He never told me anything about this girl, which only made things worse.

Walking down the stairs, crowds of people surrounded the room, talking and drinking. I closely listened as I could hear Klaus's voice across the other end of the room, and then I could see him and Elijah facing away from me, talking to someone.

Getting closer to them, the gut feeling in my stomach only got worse. Something was wrong, I could sense it.

Klaus turned around and saw me, smiling and signalling for me to come over. Once I did, I knew exactly what was wrong.

"Jade, let me introduce you to to Katerina Petrova." He spoke.

I saw her and we both had the same look on our faces, only mine was more devastating as I knew what Klaus was planning to do with her.

"Pleasure to meet you Katerina." I smiled, trying not to show that I knew her.

"We're going to get some drinks." Elijah told us and then walked away with Klaus.

"Shall we go out to see the river?" I asked her. "It's beautiful at this time of night."

"I told you to stay hidden." I spoke once we were out of ear reach.

"How was I supposed to know you would be here?" She asked. "What's bad about this anyway? We can just pretend we don't know each other."

"Klaus has lured you here to kill you because you're the key to breaking his curse." I told her.

She became silent.

"You need to leave now, I'll make something up." I stated.

"If I leave now then we're both dead."

"Fine, give me a few days to sort this out." I sighed.

(PRESENT TIME)

"I'm guessing by your veins still being black that you haven't got what you need yet." She talked.

"I wouldn't still be here if I did. You know how much I hate this place." I walked to the sofa and put on some joggers. "What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you anyway but I have some unfinished business with the Salvatore brothers." She responded. "I'm making my appearance at the masquerade ball tomorrow night."

"Stefan and Damon?" I questioned. She nodded.

"Does Klaus know anything yet?"

"No, I lied to him when he caught me telling him that I was here to give Elena to Elijah so he could break the curse as a peace offering. He's suspicious though and now, so is Elijah." I explained.

"How much time do you think we have?"

"Not long." I leaned on the table. "It's getting worse."

"Is there anything I can do?" She asked.

"Don't let Klaus or Elijah see you." I replied. "They see you, they know we're up to something."

"Have you even got a plan?"

"I need to get closer to Klaus first which shouldn't be too hard but he's cautious of me now." I sighed. "Truth is I'm dreading this."

"An eternity on the run is better than death."