|| Komaeda's Sick Day (1/1/22)||

(Hi— just wanted to thank tigerushi for giving me this idea-I've been trying to think of stuff for this but most of it I'm coming up with as I go-soo, sorry if this isn't good- I think this might be another au- ALSO SHE GAVE ME THE STUFF TO GO OFF OF FOR LIKE THE VERY LONG PARAGRAPHS NEAR THE END-)

It was a cold winter afternoon, Hajime was on his way to Komaeda's apartment. He was sick and Hajime had to take care of him, everyone else was busy that day. Hajime didn't mind, but he was a little annoyed that nobody else volunteered to help him. People often give Nagito a hard time for no apparent reason. The two of them have been friends for a long time, Hajime doesn't want to admit it but he has feelings for Nagito, he has for a while now. He thinks about it for a while before he finally arrives at Nagito's apartment. He knocks on the door and patiently waits, Nagito answers after a few minutes. His hair is messy and his face is red.

Nagito: "Hinata-kun...? What are you doing here?"
Hajime: "you told us you were sick, I came here to take care of you."

Nagito waves his arms lazily

Nagito: "I'm fine, you don't have to waste your time on worthless trash like me,"

Hajime sighs and shakes his head

Hajime: "you aren't worthless, and you're clearly sick."
Nagito: "you really don't have to waste your time on me though..."
Hajime: "no it's okay, I want to help you. May I come in?"

Nagito sighs and leads Hajime into his apartment, Hajime takes off his coat and hangs it on Nagito's coat rack. Nagito sits down on his couch, Hajime sits with him.

Hajime: "so what have you been doing all day?"
Nagito: "just resting...I didn't know what else to do, my head hurts a lot and just in general I don't feel well..."

Hajime puts his hand on Nagitos forehead,

Hajime: "you definitely have a fever, do you have any medication?"
Nagito: "I'm not sure, you could check the bathroom cabinet, I don't really get sick frequently..."

Hajime gets up and goes to Nagitos bathroom and opens the cabinet, there wasn't any medication that would help with a fever. Hajime sighs and goes into Nagitos room and gets his blanket off of his bed, he goes back to Komaeda and wraps the blanket around him. Nagitos face turns slightly redder.

Hajime: "you should keep resting, It's all you can really do for now. I couldn't find any medicine,"
Nagito: "...okay..."

Hajime sits back on the couch with Nagito and puts something on his tv on low volume so it doesn't hurt Nagitos head more,

Hajime: "have you eaten anything today?"
Nagito: "not yet, I've been too tired."
Hajime: "would you like me to make anything for you?"
Nagito: "n-no...it's fine please don't feel obligated to do anything for trash like me..."

Hajime sighs,

Hajime: "Nagito, I keep telling you, you aren't trash."
Nagito: "..."

The conversation trails off a bit and both start feeling a little awkward, Hajime gets up and makes Nagito eggs and toast. He goes back over to Nagito afterward and hands him the plate.

Nagito: "thank you..."
Hajime: "your welcome,"

Nagito eats the food Hajime gave him, he gets up and washes the plate then puts it away, he sits back down with Hajime.

Nagito: "why do you insist on helping someone as worthless as me so much?"

Hajime sighs, he decides not to argue with Nagito about his self-insult this time.