Chapter 3: Assistant

Eunhyuk's POV

Ugh! This wifi is too slow. Maybe it's because there's so many people on it. But I can't work like this. I need fast wifi in order to get done quickly

I groaned looking at the screen that has been refreshing for two minutes.
"Damn computer...." I muttered

"Don't blame the computer for your failure "

Donghae stood in front of my desk, his face blank as usual, but his smile made it seem like he was almost amused.

"I'm not blaming the computer," I said turning the screen off, "I'm blaming the wifi."

I stood up, pushed my chair out of the way and began walking towards the door.

"Where are you going? " Donghae said walking next to me.

"I'm filing a complaint.  The wifi is just too slow here and I'm unable to work at the speed I prefer." I grabbed the door nob but Donghae removed it.

"No you're not." He said smiling.

"And why not?" I say trying to remove Boston tight grip from the knob.

"Because," he said grabbing my wrist " You're going to work for me."

Work for him? Is he joking?  He's just a worker here.

I looked at him confusedly. "What? "

"I'm promoting you to my assistant. "

"WHAT?! NO THAT'S MY JOB!" A guy with black hair comes running up, his fists clenched.

Donghae sighed. "Chill, Heechul.  We'll talk about this later." He said opening the door. "C'mon Hyuk"

Hyuk?

I hesitantly followed him out the door. I'm already being promoted on my first day.....Something's up.

"What do you want? You obviously want something out of it. So, what is it? " I said following him around a corner.

"I already said it. I want you to work for me."

We turn another corner,  centering a big office filled with books and neoclassical paintings.

I looked around in awe. Everything was so organized and clean. It smelled of lemons and limes with a hint of manila folders. It felt like home...

"Is this your office? " I asked, running my fingers along the backs of books on the shelf.

"Yeah...and you get to work here..."

I turned around and looked at Donghae.  He was looking out the window, his hands in his pockets. His jaw was set firmly, but you could still see the chiselled jaw line.

"But why do you want me to work for you?"

"I don't know...There's just something about your aura...that tells me you'd be the best worker we've ever had. So I had to take you."

He looked away from the window, setting his eyes on me.

My heart started beating faster as he deepened his gaze.
Why is he staring at me like that?

"So will you—"

"Donghae! You better explain all of this!" Heechul said practically bursting through the door.

Donghae looked away and turned his attention to the now angry, luscious headed Heechul.

Donghae walked over to Heechul and nodded towards the door. They both exited, shutting the door gently.

I sighed and slouched against the bookshelf

Why does he want me to work for him so bad?

I thought back to the way he stared at me earlier.  It sent shivers down my spine. He looked at me...for the first time, with an actual expression on his face. One that I couldn't understand.

I leaned my head back, knocking something down on the bookshelf. I turned around and pick up the fallen object.  It was a picture of Donghae and Heechul.  Heechul posed with a peace sign and Donghae pouted, poking himself in the cheek.

I chuckled. "Cute"

"What's cute?"

Startled, I nearly drop the picture on the floor. Donghae was now leaning over me.

"Oh...You think Heechul is cute?

My eyes widen as he pointed to Heechul in the picture.

"No-no. I'm not gay. I just thought you two looked dorky."

"Heechul and I have been friends since high school. Now he works for me."

I stared at the picture for a while longer....High school eh. They still look the same.

I turned around and put the picture back. Donghae was staring at me again.

"W-what?"

"How old are you?"

"Twenty nine.."

"Whoa~ you're older than me? You look younger."

"I get that a lot. " I said slightly blushing.

Donghae smiled. "So... will you work for me?" He said biting his lip.

I gulped and stared at his lip

WAIT...WHY AM I STARING AT HIS LIPS?!

I snap out of my gaze and looked into Donghae's eyes.

"S-sure. I guess."

"Great. Lets get started "

I have a feeling I'm boring you guys with my story.  I'm sorry huhuhuhu what can I do to improve?  Should I make short imagines? Suju imagines??