chapter 16

Unforgettable touch. written by samauthor.

Abrielle's POV:

Soon, it was 10:00 pm, time passed by fast. Aiden stayed with Josie in her room for the night. I stayed in the guest room looking outside. Josie's words are back in my damn head: 'What happened to Kaia?' I never knew myself until my parents told me the entire truth, that was the day when my father became colder to me, he became careless, hopeless, and ruthless. The worst part of all, he pushed his own family away. His own wife and daughter. My grandmother was closer to my dad than my aunt, she loved them both equally but she spent most of the time with my dad meanwhile my aunt spent more time with my grandfather.

I looked outside and stared at the full moon, and wondered, how is it to just be alone and relaxed? And I just realized it feels so darn good, it really does. Hours passed by, I couldn't sleep. I tiptoed downstairs and I was alone, with Charlie, Grandma Mary's dog. Charlie is a golden retriever and she's about 6 years old now. I sat on the couch meanwhile Charlie barked and jumped to the couch to sit next to me. As I hugged her, tears filled my eyes. I don't know why I'm always crying, I guess that's what it means to be stressed, exhausted, or even tired. I don't know, guess I'll never know after all.

It was 8 am, and Grandma Mary was awake, she said good morning and gave me breakfast. Sadly, I had to leave, so I went upstairs to call Aiden, and when I opened the door, they were both hugging each other. I stared at them, for what seemed like years, or centuries, but I stopped until I got a pillow and slammed it to Aiden's face. He rubbed his eyes and said, "what are you doing, Abrielle?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Let's go." He shook his head. I crossed my arms and said, "Let's go, Aiden, I'm serious." He shook his head again and said, "No."

I was annoyed and dragged him out of bed and said, "For the tenth goddamn time, let's go!"

He pushed me away and said, "NO." I felt weak at that point. I stared at him and said, "Okay, then stay with her, love her."

He rolled his eyes and said, "I love her, not you. Who could even love you? Nobody can."

I knew deep down in my heart that he was right. Nobody could love me, I couldn't even love myself. I held his hand until he let go and said, "you are not capable of love, you hag. You never will."

At that moment when he said those cruel words, I forgot about everything. I didn't care about anything, or anyone. Just those eleven cruel words, 'you are not capable of love, you had. You never will.'

I didn't smile or anything, I stayed silent. I didn't tear up or cry. I didn't say a word. I stared at Jo, who heard everything. She covered her mouth and got up, and ignored Aiden. She hugged me so tightly that I didn't even say a single word. When she let go of me, she turned to Aiden and slapped his face, "For God's sake Aiden, why do you treat your own best friend like that?! OUR best friend? what is wrong with you?"

He sighed. I could see he tightened his fist as he said, "Don't you see Josette? She controls me every single time, I am tired of being controlled, I want to spend the day with you." She rolled her eyes and said, "I do not care! And why call her a hag? That is disrespectful, Aiden. You better apologize, or I'll break every single one of your goddamn bones."

Before he even said a word, I hugged Josie and said, "Goodbye, Jo."

I left quickly downstairs, before she ran after me. I turned on the car and drove away. Now I knew I had to spend more than 10 hours driving, and I would get tired really quickly.

I put the GPS on and drove for a few hours until I parked in a motel and fell asleep and drove again, and fell asleep. After more than 10 hours of driving, I got home safely. I was alone again, but with my baby too.

I looked out my window to see what to paint, and caught a glimpse of a beautiful sunset, I decided to paint it. It took me about an hour but it was worth it. Sometimes it takes less time, but I decided to paint it, and just take my time.

I wanted to be alone and do something I love. Since I lived about an hour away from Times Square I couldn't take pictures. If i took pictures I would paint what it is in the picture. Me and my mother were different from painting, she loved painting oil portraits, I loved painting anything I wanted.

She would also look anywhere to find what to paint. My mom was so artistic, and that's what inspired me about her. She also had a meaning for each one of her paintings. On my 16th birthday, she made me a painting of a snowflake. It wasn't just a snowflake to me, it had a special meaning to me.

I remembered the snowflake meant when back then me and my mother caught our snowflake together. It was December that time, I was about 6 years old. She put the snowflake gently into the palm of my hand, and said, "This little snowflake is for you, sweetie. But remember snowflakes are very beautiful in the winter just like you." I smiled so happily that day.

She also made me another painting, it was us watching the stars at night. It was something me and my mother always did. She would tell me to sit next to her and said, "Sweetheart, want to see something awesome?" I nodded my head and smiled as she said, "Do you remember when we used to watch Hercules with your dad?"

I nodded my head again and my mom said, "Do you see the four stars that kind of form a square?" meanwhile pointing at the sky.

I smiled so happily and said, "Yes, mom."

She said, "That's the keystone asterism in the Hercules constellation, and well an asterism is a pattern of stars in the sky, which can be made up of part o a constellation, or more than one."

I kept smiling and asked her "so mom what does it mean?"

She smiled and would say, "you are basically looking at Hercules's torso, and his arms and legs, and of course his head, but if you look a little more to the left, you can see Pegasus."

I would smile since I loved Pegasus and said, "That's cool."

She would smile and say, "You know there's a name that means star too. Your aunt's name, Stella. There was this sixteenth-century poet, Sir Phillip Sidney, who created the name for a collection of sonnets he wrote called Astrophil and Stella. Stella means star and Astrophil means star lover."

I was so curious about how she knew all of this, and asked her, "mom, how do you know all of this?"

She smiled and said, "Your grandmother Kehlani, one thing you never knew about her was she studied astronomy. She would always tell us things about astronomy, and she loved talking about anything that involved astronomy.

She held my hand and said, "I would paint the Hercules constellation all the time, I have many paintings of them. I also loved making portraits of your uncle and aunt. They would always want me to draw them and paint them when we were kids. I was the only one who inherited it from your grandfather, they didn't. But I have loved painting and drawing since I was a little girl. Especially drawing landscapes, it was my favorite of all time."

I smiled and ever since I remember everything my mother has told me, she inspired me with my art, and paintings. I painted an oil portrait of her, it took me another hour, but at the end of the day she would love it and that's the only thing that matters to me.

As I got up and finished my painting and portrait I wrapped them and went to my mom's house to leave them. I rang the door bell, until she opened the door and said, "Good night, baby but what happened?"

I smiled and gave her the two painting and said, "Goodnight mom, I'm sorry it's late but I made these for you." As she unwrapped them I could see the smile on her face, she looked so happy. She  saw the oil portrait and said, "wow baby, this is amazing." She smiled and hugged me, ater she let go and saw the sunset. I said, "those are your favorite colors, so I decided to add them to the painting." she chuckled and said, "awe, baby, i love these paintings, both of them."

She stared at me with a genuine smile until she said, "baby I think you should go home, it's late, but I love you so much."

She hugged me and kissed my forehead. I smiled and said, "Love you mom, goodnight."

She waved goodbye and I went on my car and drove back home. I guess it was mad late already and I snoozed off pretty fast..