THE BEGINNING

CHAPTER 1

Taehyung slowly shifted his weight on his bed. He pulled a heavy white duvet over him and took his phone out, he smiled at the photo displayed as his wallpaper. It was a photo of Taehyung and Jimin, his Jiminnie.

His smile slowly dropped at the flash of the memory that had happened month ago

His smile slowly dropped at the flash of the memory that had happened month ago. He quickly unlocked his phone to escape the flash back and was soon staring at the purple home screen wallpaper. He quickly opened messages, hoping to be greeted by someone's text, the particular someone he had in mind. But instead he was greeted by nothing, not even a single spam message. He let out a heavy sigh out of sadness that had taken over him. It was as if he was missing a part of him, and he was, his soulmate was not there by him. Taehyung couldn't sleep, let alone close his eyes. A thought in his mind kept looking for an answer but failed. All this grief, all this sadness hadn't broken him fully yet, because he still wasn't ready to believe it, that his soulmate was gone......

Taehyung looked at the time, it's midnight, he thought. He chuckled sadly and whispered under his heavy breath "Happy Birthday to myself." . Taehyung's eyes closed, waiting for himself to fall asleep. As soon as he started feeling a little drowsy, he heard his doorbell ring. His eyes opened up in shock, he stayed there for a moment to process the sudden ringing, when someone started knocking on his door aggressively. His heart raced at the sudden realization about today being his birthday and that Jimin might be the one ringing the doorbell. Hoping to find his Jiminie was ringing the doorbell, he quickly jumped out of the bed and sprinted to answer the door. He steadied himself before he unlocked it, his eyes searching for Jimin's but he was wrong. Jimin was nowhere to be seen. He spaced out imagining about the time when Jimin had surprised him last year in exactly the same way. He didn't realize that he was standing in front of a man until a rough voice called him.

"Excuse me Sir. I haven't got a whole day for this shit...Cut the crap and get the fucking package!" The short mint haired male huffed angrily at him.

Taehyung immediately wakes up from the short flashback. 'Sorry but I haven't ordered anything lately, what is it?' he questions.

"So you are not the fucking maniac that ordered this fucking thing to be delivered at 12:00 am sharp? Listen boii, I have been doing this work for a long time. And if you aren't Park Jimin that ordered this shit to the exact address." he holds out a paper pointing at the address "Do I fucking look like a dumbass who would disturb my own sleep just to give parcel to the wrong adress?" The man glared at the now nervous Taehyung.

"Wait, did you say Park Jimin? Oh I am sorry I'll take this, he must've ordered this before he...'' Taehyung trailed off.

"Oh my fucking god man! Just sign it already! Here" the short man with a grumpy attitude pushed a big box to Taehyung.

The box was a bit heavy for Taehyung to carry, which made him wonder how this man had carried it. He quickly signed the paper and said to the man "I am really sorry for the trouble. Can you please wait? I'll be right back." He then quickly took his wallet from the kitchen counter. The man rolled his eyes, can you believe this guy? He thought.

"How much is it?" he asked, coming back to the door.

A sly thought appeared in the back of the man's head. He answered at the highest believable price possible.

Taehyung's eyes widened but shrugged as it was for Jimin anyway, it must be really expensive he thought. He pulled out the entire money that he had just withdrawn earlier and held it out to the man.

"Oh boi you already paid for it, but I will take it and consider this as my revenge for ruining my peaceful sleep." he said, snatching the money from his hand. "I really do feel bad for you knucklehead, but I gotta do what I want to do...ya know?. Okay then stick man, thanks for wasting my time. I will be heading out now,' the man went away, giving Taehyung a gummy smile.

'Thank you,'' Taehyung replied shortly after listening to the monologue, his eyes following the man's departure.

He closed the door behind after getting inside, and his eyes were glued and struck on the huge parcel. 'What could it be?' he wondered out loud. Taehyung made his way to the big box and he decided to open it. As he opens the parcel he spots a cake box bought from his favourite cake shop, and more specifically it was his favourite vanilla with strawberries decorated on top. There was also a colourful book underneath the cake. He grabbed the book to look at it carefully.

The book had a little note stuck to the top of it which said, 'To my Taehyungieeee-, this one's for you from your Jiminnie.'

His hands tensed around the colourful book, it was meant to be opened on Taehyung's birthday, a gift made by Jimin before all of this happened. He was scared to open what was before him, afraid that it was going to break him. But he was going to face it. He took a deep breath before turning the first page and he noticed that it had a small note written by Jimin for him beside the photo. Taehyung stared at the photo with despair.

It was them, together, happy and carefree.