Chapter 2 - Awakening

Water rushed down the hotel sink drain at full blast, the bathroom mirror fogged by Danny's hot breath as he leaned against the counter, his toothbrush resting just over the edge of the sink basin. His eyes stared blankly into his reflection. Mornings are not his strong suit, especially after a night of such unproductive sleep. As if his nightly insomnia wasn't bad enough, every time he shut his eyes all he could see were visions of Voltaire. This inescapable feeling like he was trying to tell Danny something lingered in the back of his mind.

"Regardless I wish he'd just speak to me.... it'd be so much easier than all these creepy visions and dreams."

Danny thought to himself, breaking his concentration was a series of loud knocks on the door. "Hey man, you almost done in there? You're not the only one that needs to take a piss dude. Got me doing the peepee dance out here."

Taking a second to laugh at the mental image of Brandon trying not to wet himself just outside the door, Danny managed to cheer himself up a little. He looked once more at his reflection before rinsing his toothbrush and shutting off the water.

"I won't be the reason this trip sucks. I'll just push past this and continue having fun with guys no matter what happens. I got this, I can do this."

Danny finished his mental affirmations with a silent nod to himself and turned to open the door. Brandon was indeed doing a pee-pee dance just outside of the bathroom, seeing his opportunity he shoved Danny out of the way in hurried desperation. As Danny walked over to his bed to start changing into his cosplay for the day, he noticed the sound coming from the bathroom was oddly loud. A glance over his shoulder provided an answer. "Dude seriously?! I know you held it in for awhile, but you could at least close the door while you pee and moan!" Danny continued to pull his clothes out of his suitcase and lay them out accordingly to make sure everything was there.

The guys continued their morning routine and proceeded to get dressed and ready for the convention. Soon into the hour Will and Arny joined the other two in their room, fresh hotel breakfast in hand, the smell of hot, fresh waffles and syrup filled the room. "Fuck yes waffles!!" Danny exclaimed loudly, the guys distributed the stack of waffles to each other and sat down to eat. Breakfast after all is the most important meal of the day, especially when you have a busy day ahead.

(Note for the Reader/Danny-Fans: If you haven't eaten or had water yet, take this time to change that. Please take care of yourself or Danny would be sad, Thank you! ^.^)

Down below in the hotel's convention hall things were getting noisy and crowded. Vendors were putting the final touches on their stands and available products, convention staff scurried about in a chaotic rush to make sure everything was set to begin soon, and eager fans were gathered in the hallways ready for the green light to get their passes and begin the fun. Feelings of excitement intensified among the guys as time grew closer and closer, Danny and Brandon watched from above on the balcony as anime lovers of all kinds gathered below.

"I'm so fucking ready for this man you have no idea, been waiting a while for this one," Brandon said in a thrilled tone. Danny laughed and dropped his head, "Me fucking to dude, I just... I hope everything goes okay you know? No more... I don't know... no more weird shit..."

Brandon raised a confused eyebrow, "Those dreams are still bothering you? Don't worry man try not to think about it too much okay? You got us here with you and we support you no matter what.. so relax." Brandon leaned to the side to nudge Danny lightly to get him to at least smile. Will shouted to Brandon from inside that his presence was needed for a scene in a TikTok, He looked at his friend once more, and with a pat on Danny's shoulder, he headed inside. "Did I hear someone say they needed a Lover? Have no fear Brandon The Lover is here." A thick laugh erupted from inside followed by a light-hearted "Fuck outta here with that shit man." from Will.