Requited Or Unrequited?

Peyar maatrapattadhu. Vetru gragam, indha gragam endha gragam nu venalum nenachikonga, characteristics are maintained, but not any particular timeline. The edit for this is available in IG mudinja oru like ah thattitu vaanga..Link is in my announcements, tried to bring out the essence of story in the edit and vice versa.

(Vetru Gragam = Alternative/Parallel Universe)

Naduvil ethenum pizhai thenpattal theriviyungal.
(If you find any error, do comment it.)

Now into the story!

"Arjun" - Speaking
'Sanjana' - Thoughts

It wasn't a perfect breezy morning nor he woke up the chirping sounds of birds. Owing to the December myth of Chennai, it was heavily raining and all he could hear was the frog noises from the well of neighbour house.

After making himself comfortable on the bed by relaxing his muscle, he took out his phone to check for notifications and tasks. He just did notice the date and time. He facepalmed himself thinking how foolish he was to wake up this late on such a special day. It was 25th of June, his ladylove's birthday, and also the day he wanted to propose her.

He immediately ringed to her. She took the call when he thought it is gonna end.

"Hello manna"

(Manna – Endearment in this context)

"Sorry Sanjana, total ah maranten unakku.."

(Sorry Sanjana, I totally forget to (wish) you)

"Happy Birthday To Me! Pick me by 10am."

He by then knew she was of course angry on him.

'Manna nu koopta nu santhosha pattutiye Arjun, enna seiya kaathutu irukaalo'

(Getting addressed dearly made you fall into the pit Arjun, I am wondering about what she is upto.)

After getting ready in the shirt she bought for him, he ignited his car to her house. During the travel, he kept practicing on how to propose her and make the day special. He had loved her ever since their second meet.

"Aamanga, ennoda love onnum, paatha onne head over heels lam illa, aana oru instant spark irunduchu, athu second meet la ava kooda pesumbothu than, paah enna ponnu da nu feel aachu, athu apdiye poga poga perisa aagi, 3 years kazhichu inga vanthu nikren. Wait nikkala, ukkanthu than irukken. 3rd birthday ava enkooda spend panradhu idhu, I want to make it special and unforgettable for her."

(Yes, it is not love at first sight for me. Indeed I felt a spark on seeing her, but the second meet where we both spoke made me feel about her beautiful soul, and that slowly grew bigger and bigger and am finally standing here, wait am not standing though. This is her 3rd birthday with me and I want to make it special and unforgettable for her).

The monologue was broken once he realised that he reached her house. He noticed her closing the door. He once again fell for her, on seeing her giving extra beauty to the costume he gifted her.

"Sanju ma"

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Arjunnnnnnn, missed you soooo much."

"Sanj I too..."

"Yovvv! Arivirukka? Nee panna kaaryathuku unna miss vera panvaangala?? Kadupula naan than solren na, neeyum loosu mathiri pesra..."

(Heyyy, do you even have some sense? For the work you did, did you think I will even miss you? I am speaking out of frustration. What are you doing?)

"Ma, ennama konjam kooda mathikala?"

He asked while wiping the non existent tears.

(No respect, right?)