Ferrero Rocher

Not proof read, so do avoid any mistakes. And tbh, there is going nothing but a bit dry story (author's ideal b'day that I wish for in future). So don't get disappointed. 💓

~•~•~

Grazing the neatly packed box, he smiled to himself. He got out of the car after parking in the lot. He took short yet fast strides, more like jogging to catch the elevator. He entered in the nick of moment before it closed.

He passed on a fond smile to the teenage girls in the lift as they saw him a bit annoyed since he had invaded their private space in lift.

As soon as he got out of the lift, he started walking towards their home. He stood before the door, only to see the time as 11.15pm in his mobile and heave a huge sigh before pressing the calling bell. After pressing it twice, he heard the door being unlatched.

The door was opened by a petite human, who looked too cute to handle with an angry pout adorning her face. Before he could open his mouth to explain his plight, she turned back to walk into the house without sparing even a single glance at her newly wedded soul mate.

Pouting to himself, he walked slowly into the house. He saw her watching the movie which she paused to let him into the house. The screen was blaring soo loud thanks to the gun shots and knife slashes.

He went to his room and took 10 minutes to fresh himself and take a seat in the couch, maintaining a good space from his wife. He sat cross legged facing his wife.

"Thangame, konjam ennaya paaru ma. Sorry"

She paid no heed and continued watching the movie with a neutral face.

He slowly reached out to the remote and quickly came out of the movie. She turned to face him and began scolding.

"First b'day after marriage vara poguthu, seekrama vanthu dinner kootitu poyi surprise panlam nu lam ethume thonala la. You work and colleagues matter a lot for you. Naan onnum typical wife illa, but still konjam prioritise panlam la, that's the least I expect from you." She blinked her eyes continuously to prevent the tears from falling.

"Paapa vara koodathu nu lam illa. En neram paathu innaikku Neraya vela vanthruchu, intha oru vaati mannichiru please."

On seeing her not reply, he sighed and moved closer to her and pulled her closer. He made her sit on his lap while he let one of his leg down. She snuggled even more closer if that was possible. She was lying on his chest drawing patterns on his tee while he was patting her head. He mumbled countless sorry, until she placed her palm on his lips. He smiled against her palm.

"Movie paakalama?" he voiced out.

He took his remote to play her favourite movie 'Neethane En Ponvasantham' for which she gave a cheeky smile. As the movie proceeded, they kept snuggling and cuddling.

He was cautious enough to keep track of the time. Once the clock hit 11.59, he paused the film. With a confused frown visible on her face, she lifted her head to see him. He stretched his hand to pull out the gift that he had bought.

"Happy Birthday Paapa" he handed her the box.

She opened and gasped in surprise to see her favourite being in front of her. She teared out of joy for him being thoughtful to present her something that she would never refuse.

She gave a quick peck while muttering, "Thanks da."

"Love you", he said and captured her lips in a full-fledged kiss before she could reply. Pulling back, he pressed his lips on her forehead and joint his with hers.

She took a piece of Ferrero Rocher for herself and gave him one. They continued relishing on the sweet while they resumed the film.

The entire film went with them watching it a fond smile and pulling each other closer and closer.

On seeing her doze off, after the film, he made her lie on his thighs while smiling to himself, thinking how his girl loved to have gifts that she loves being presented to her with tonnes of love. That day he made a promise to himself that he would always satisfy those teeny tiny wishes of her to just see her smile from the heart.

40 years later, he found himself pleading her to see him at least once, so that she would forgive him for being super late on her birthday eve. He gave a mocking smile before stretching out a Ferrero Rocher to her, which melted her immediately as he accepted. He smiled seeing the kid in her. But deep down he knew it's not the chocolate that mattered, but him giving it mattered to her all the time.

~•~•~

Hope that's a good one

Hope that's a good one. Thanks for the response on the previous shot, overwhelmed. Hope this compensates the pain caused by it. 💓