Chapter 13 - Thoughts

Yes I am aware that this chapter is purely hurt/comfort and has very little plot what about it 😼😼😼😼
TW - Dream basically has a mental breakdown
- - -
- 2ND PERSON POV -

You watched as panic settled over the blond's face, and for the life of you.. you couldn't imagine the feeling. He hadn't seen a picture of his face online in ages.

And this?
This is not how Clay wanted to do a face reveal.
Even you knew that.

Nick laughed nonchalantly, "What, did he get cancelled again or something?"
George, upon hearing the joke, laughed as well.
You didn't find it funny.

What made it worse was that (S/N) sat there, her phone open. You knew she saw the post, probably earlier than you had. But she said nothing.
You didn't blame her, though.
Looking back on your first week or two with them, you also remember being scared to speak.

You still didn't find it funny when George quipped in with a comment of his own.

"Oh nooo, the twelve year old hurt Clays poow feewings!" He purposefully made his voice sound like a child's.

But it wasn't funny.
At least you didn't think it was.

You shook your head, hugging your American father. He sat there, his phone turned off automatically at this point. His arms were limp. He made no move to hug back, nor to push away.

He just sat there.

"...Are you okay, Dad..?"
He didn't speak, merely shaking his head.
Sapnap made a strange expression, a combination of amusement and worry at the same time. "Wait, what happened?"

Dream was the one to reply.
"They leaked my face."

"Huh..?"

Phones were quickly opened, Twitter frantically pulled up. It didn't take long for them to find it. There were a lot of comments on the post, some of them were nice, some of them were rude, others were weird. But most of all, you could see that most of Dream's fans were mad. You were too, to be fair.
The picture was one of you, George, and Dream walking to the court hearing. Looking at it, you could only feel the tiniest bit responsible.

But he cried.
Clay doesn't cry unless it's important.

You shook your head. "Dad, don't cry, it's okay.." you hugged him tightly, quickly feeling George, Nick, and eventually your sister join in on the hug. And you just say there, and let him cry.
It was justified, to be fair. He wasn't ready to face reveal yet. He should've done that on his own terms.

It wasn't like Clay hated his face or anything; he didn't have dysmorphia like how Ranboo did or and insecurity with how he looked like Corpse. He just sorta never showed his face, simple as that. He wanted to do a face reveal in a fun and happy way. Not like this.

Not like this

"On the plus side," Nick started, hesitating for only a moment. "You look pretty hot in this picture, so it's a bit difficult for anyone to call you ugly-"

He managed to draw out a small chuckle from the blond, who simply sat there, content in the embrace of his family.

Family
That word felt nice just to think.

You sighed. "What are we gonna do now..?"

"Tell then the truth.." Clay spoke, rubbing his eyes dry.
George shook his head almost instantly, "No, Dream, you don't have to do that, you can-"
But Clay just countered him. "No, it'll be easier to tell them the truth.."

You hummed. "You could make it into a YouTube video, or maybe a stream, or just a Twitter post if you aren't up for it."
"A video's fine." Dream said, "Doesn't have to be too fancy." His voice sounded hoarse and dry.

"I'll go get you some water." Nick spoke, getting up. The hug had begun to break away once he left, but you refused to leave your fathers side.

Silently, you looked at him. "Are you not mad..?"
"I don't know, to be honest."
"...I'm mad."
"I am too," George spoke, gently rubbing his definitely-not-a-boyfriend's arm, "You shouldn't be forced into doing this."
Dream forced a laugh, messing up both yours and George's hair. "Thank you for the care, but I think it's okay for now."

"But-"
Before you could finish your reply Nick came back. He handed the blond a glass of water with ice in it and a crazy straw. You shook your head. "Was the straw really necessary-?"

Clay was the one who answered,"Actually, I find it very necessary, for your information!" He grinned as he spoke before taking a long sip from the water. You could see the sadness remaining on him. You could feel the panic. It's not fair.

He doesn't deserve this.

Your phone vibrated in your pocket.

Quickly you checked the notification; it was from Discord. A message... from Tubbo..?
It's not like it was totally abnormal for him to randomly message you, but as you looked at the time, it being 6PM for you in Florida, it was very late in his timezone. The thought something was wrong made you worried.

And so, you opened the notification.

'Hey (Y/N)! I opened Twitter just now and wanted to let u know what was happening in case u didn't know and i wasnt sure if i should tell u or dream first'

You smiled. Tubbo's always been so nice. He always tries his best to look out for you.

'Yea, we got it covered dw'

'ok tell me if u need help with it'

'I will, ty boss man'

'u 2'

After that you shut your phone off. More people were definitely going to message you and Dream about that. The next couple of days weren't going to be fun...

But for now, you looked at your sister joking with George and Nick. You see Clay's smiling face while he watched them as well. And just for a moment, a mere split-second, you feel hope.