sick day

y/n's hands rustle with the covers as she attempts to get up. her body feels heavy and her heads spinning. both her and vinnie have been a little under the weather for the past two weeks and they can't get rid of it. y/n thinks they got it from their impromptu NYC trip for their two year anniversary. vinnie insisted it was a passing cold.

"that was some bs" she mutters to herself before quietly heading into the bathroom. vinnie stirs a little after losing the heat that y/n's body was giving off but stays asleep. y/n brushes her teeth, washes her face and changes into a new pair of undies and one of vinnie's shirts before heading downstairs.

"morning y/n" nailea says. she's sitting on the couch, watching tv. 

"morning" y/n responds trying to sound cheerful.

"still feel crappy?" 

y/n nods and says, "yeah" before breaking into a fit of coughs where she can't catch her breath.

"good lord, are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital to see if you have an infection?" 

y/n shakes her head and managed to say, "i'll manage. i'm just gonna grab breakfast and relax for the rest of the day"

nailea nods and replies, "m'kay. let me know if you do want to go. i'll drive you"

y/n smiles and heads into the kitchen, grabbing the bread and starting the kettle so she and vinnie can have tea. she grabs plates and sets them out, waiting for the ding of the toaster. not too far into the future, the toaster dings and the water's boiling. y/n pours the water into mugs and puts the toast on their plates, heading back to vinnie's room. when she gets to the door, she pushes it open to see vinnie sitting at the end of the bed, with his hood on and scrolling on his phone.

"morning sleepyhead" y/n announces, placing their food on the desk.

"morning babe" he says. his voice is raspy not only because of his morning voice but also because of the fact that he lost his voice a few days ago. 

"i brought up tea and toast. i know that neither of us have had much of an appetite and bread is supposed to help"

vinnie looks up and says, "you didn't have to do that"

y/n shrugs and says, "i wanted to. you've been feeling a little worse than i have so i hoped this would make you feel better"

he smiles and comes over, holding both of her hands. "you're amazing and you make me happy"

y/n smiles as he pulls her body into his before kissing her.

after they break it, vin jokes, "now we both have the same cooties" y/n laughs, rolling her eyes at the goofy and attractive dork she calls her boyfriend.