⋘CH.7:⋙

THE GUYS AND I WAITED on the couch for Julie to get back but I didn't stay long, knowing that Caleb would be expecting me. I performed another show in the morning with a false smile like always but the lifers never notice because they are so engrossed in seeing the dead. The whole time I couldn't help but think of when I would be able to see the boys of sunset curve again.

It was a few more days before I did end up seeing them again. One morning after an early show, it was Luke who came to me. I was taking down my neat high bun when I heard a knock on my bedroom/dressing room door.

I got up and opened the door to see Luke grinning down at me. "Good morning," He greets with a smile.

"Hi," I answer in surprise. "What's up?"

"I don't know. We haven't seen you in a while and I was just wondering what you're up to," He replies as he rocks back and forth on the heels of his feet.

"I just finished a show, come on in," I say backing up from the door before closing it behind him.

Once he's in the room he takes a look around. He looks at the posters I have of my favorite bands and singers, the railing I have that holds all my dramatically sequined dresses to which he scrunched his nose, and lastly the navy blue couch that converts into a bed. "I like your band choices. I recognize a few of them like Queen or Fleetwood Mac. I don't know who Billie Eilish is though. They a band?" He asks as he takes a seat on the couch.

"She's a modern pop singer," I shrug as I shove my hands in my hoodie's pockets and sit down back at my vanity.

"A lot of them are from the 70s and 80s," He notes.

"They're the bands I grew up listening to." I nod.

"Really? That's really cool. When I was growing up all my parents would play is the Beatles and Bowie," He says.

"Hey! Bowie was good!" I justify.

"I'm not saying he's not."

"Was not."

"What?"

"Was not," I repeat. He furrows his browsing confusion. "He died a little while ago."

"Oh," He says as his face turns into a slight pout. He thinks for a second as he prosess that before changing the subject. "How did you die, if you don't mind my asking?"

"No, no. It's fine. I uh, I got it by a car right before I could experience my big break. I even got on the news," I tell him sadly. I can't help but think back to the night where I went home only to find Lila crying on the phone.

"I'm sorry. Me and the guys died in a really embarrassing way. There's nothing quite like going out by going to a hotdog stand only to get really bad food poisoning," He shares.

At this, I was a bit surprised. How were they able to eat so much just a few weeks ago when we first met when that was the cause of their death? I shake off the thought before replying, "Wow. I don't know how I'd feel if I died that way."

"Not good," he replies as he shakes his head in thought.

I smile as a thought crosses my head. "Hey, do you want to go on a walk?" I ask to which his expression changes to his traditional grin.

We walked around Hollywood's streets for a good portion of the day. It was almost noon when we were finishing our debate on whether or not a hotdog is a type of sandwich or not.

"Hey, isn't that Julie's school?" I ask, remembering when the guys brought me here so they could perform at Julie's dance.

"Huh. Yeah, it is. How long have we been walking?" Luke asks as he looks back to the direction we came from.