Going Off Piste

The person behind them in the security queue had been asked to remove his hooded top, belt and walking boots. He pulled the hoody over his head, briefly revealing a tanned six-pack and a narrow, dark fuzz of hair leading down over taught abdomen and beyond the waistband of his jeans. Reluctantly, Frankie dragged her attention back to cramming decanted belongings back into her hand luggage. The boy was barely older than her daughter and she should definitely know better. Simon, on the other hand, saw no reason to deny himself such a pleasure and stared openly. Catching his eye, the boy flashed a wide, even-toothed grin and winked. Frankie sighed inwardly; there was no way this was going to work.

On the way to visit her sister in the French Alps with her husband, Simon, a chance encounter at the airport turns Frankie's world upside down and forces her to reconsider truths she had thought unshakable. Suddenly, she finds herself off-piste and into uncharted territory....

.............................................................................................................................

Thanks for your interest. If this sounds like your sort of thing, please read on and PLEASE leave me your comments. This is my first attempt at this genre so any feedback will be welcome (I've braced myself for 'constructive' comments so fire away!)

My thanks to ivaleska via 123rf.com for the cover image