Chapter 1: An Accident

An otome game is a story-based video game that is targeted towards women. Generally one of the goals, besides the main plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male characters.

»»----- ♡ -----««

Today was a good day to die.

Of course, that wasn't exactly what (Y/N) thought when she rushed outside of her house in a frenzy.

Groggy from the lack of sleep and her figure almost collapsing from how exhausted she already looked despite it being 8 am in the morning, (Y/N) hastily slipped in her school uniform and brushed her hair while frantically grabbing whatever items she needed inside her school bag.

"Damn it, why didn't big brother or mom wake me up!?" She cursed under her breath and let her eyes drift over towards a video game cover that was laying on her desk.

The cover had six handsome anime boys looking straight forward as if they're actually staring at the person who's looking at the cover. Some of the boys were smiling while some of them weren't and just looked forward with a small frown but a huge blush spread on their cheeks.

Behind the boys was a pink colored background with a few sparkles decorating the glimmering faces of the boys. The title of the game was 'Brothers' Affections: A Blossomed Love', which already sounded weird taken out of context.

It almost looked like the game was incestuous and only aimed for really weird young female teenagers who were actually into that sort of stuff. It also looked very comical - almost as if no one would actually take the game seriously.

Even if the game's content was far from what the title is implying.

Grumbling, she went to sling her bag over her shoulder and walked out of her room when she remembered that the reason why she stood up late last night was because of that damn otome game that she saw when she was strolling through a game shop a week ago.

"I finished Lorien's route last night, so I should start Peter's tonight if I'm not too busy. He's the last boy I need to conquer to finish the game." She mumbled to herself as she grabbed her phone from her pocket and almost screamed when she saw the time.

As her parents and her brother started the day earlier than her, there was no one in the house currently. She easily could've screeched had she not composed herself and realized that she's only wasting time.

Cursing under her breath again, (Y/N) stormed out of her house and almost threw her bike on the road. She had a Mathematics quiz today, and although she had a bit of a rocky relationship when it comes to the subject, (Y/N) knew that she couldn't miss a quiz that could surely affect her grades if she didn't do well enough.

(Y/N) was average when it came to academics. She wasn't as smart as those kind-of snobby top class students of her school, but she wasn't dumb like those students who were cutting classes and spent most of their time in the cafeteria.

However, after knowing that she spent her time playing Brothers Affection last night 'til 3 am in the morning, she felt like she was one of the dumbest girls in existence.

'I can be so stupid sometimes! My teacher and my mom is gonna kill me!' She yelled in her mind and almost felt her knees go weak at the scenario of her asian mother beating her up with her slipper when she realized that her grades were low.

She didn't want to take the risk. She knew how her mother's slipper was powerful enough to almost crack her skull open. Of course, it was an exaggeration but (Y/N) had already been beaten up before by the same item - it surprised her that she didn't die.